• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the Wii U still in trouble?

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious to know, seeing as how Smash 4 is out.
If it is still in trouble, what more can be done about it besides buy more?

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I haven't really seen any official numbers but if I had to guess I'd say it's probably doing better now than ever. And upcoming games like Zelda, Star Fox, Splatoon, and Yoshi's Wooly World are probably gonna help too.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It's doing much better than its launch year IMO, which was horrible due to the sheer lack of AAA games that year. Things began to pick up for the better in late 2013 and it has been snowballing its way to recovery ever since I think. The mediocre launch year did hurt it pretty badly, and there's a portion of that damage that I don't think can be fixed, but Nintendo is heading in the right direction with it I believe, as there's another nice line-up of games this year just like last year.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well in ky opinion

Clearly mario kart 8 and super smash brothers 4 is what got it out of thr ditch after 2 or 3 years

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
It's good to hear that the sales have picked up, but I'm also kinda wondering whether or not the reputation of the console has picked up in the eyes of third-party developers. Like, do they still not want to make games for it because they think the console/controller is weird, or that if they released a game on the console that the sales would be bad, or that developing for Sony and Microsoft would be better, etc.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's improving. The marketing flop is gradually being made up for as people become more aware, and more killer games are released to a wider audience. 2015 is looking good for Nintendo, too, with the rather large number of first party titles coming out.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
The WiiU is never going to be a system that sells well, but Nintendo are now at the point where they are making a profit. Not a huge one but still. I don't think Nintendo are going to spend a bunch of money trying to save it at this point because they will likely loose more by doing that.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
It's doing better now than ever I'd say. It's not going to get to the point where it's beating either of the big two, but in the end that really doesn't matter as long as they're making money. 2014 was a great year for the WiiU and 2015 is shaping up to be even better.

Top Bottom