• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the Rest hitbox bigger than Melee's?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I feel like I can hit rests more easily in this game in regards to how close I need to be. Can anybody confirm that the hitbox is bigger, or is it the same?

Spirst

I do believe it was confirmed to have a larger hitbox but I don't have a source. I remember seeing this early on when the japanese version was released.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Yes.
Brawl and melee's hitbox is close to the same, a small hitbox believed to be between her eyes

Rest's hitbox in smash 4 is roughly the size of her entire body

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
here's a post of mine before the japanese version was release and people were playing it early on livestream
OMG REST HITBOX IS HUGE

Not to mention buffed kill power, buffed damage initially and through the flower, shorter rest recovery AND smash 4 having much more combo potential than Brawl.

There goes the last of my worries. Get used to seeing me on these boards cause I'm maining the hell out of Puff! :D
here's the rest hitbox in melee:

So yeah pretty much what @ TM_icecream TM_icecream said but there's some visual representation for you :)

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
That's what I thought. I've been able to just run up -> rest people very easily, without short-hopping into them or anything

Doroco

Smash Cadet
its huge, rollings and spot dodging into rests is great since its so easy!

Kyouku

Smash Rookie
NNID
pancake69
3DS FC
2578-4166-1156
a landing uair to rest doesn't even need a platform to kill any more, and true combos and kills fox and toon link at 33%. Combo into that and you can get some pretty sweet 0 to deaths.

Top Bottom