• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the jury still out on Marth's range nerf?

Xeylir

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xeylir
I've heard conflicting information about Marth's sword range in this game. From what I saw, most people were saying initially that his range has taken yet another hit and is now even shorter than it was in Brawl. But more recently I've seen another group of people arguing that it hasn't been nerfed at all, and that the hysteria's largely a result of people having a hard time adjusting to the 3DS's smaller screen and lower resolution.

From some of the Wii U videos I've seen, it didn't appear shortened to me, though that could have been old or outdated footage.

Do we know conclusively whether or not Marth's range has actually been nerfed? Or is the jury still out until we get solid comparisons?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Right now, we're looking more or less at the 3DS. I'm of the belif his range is similar to Brawl's, but because the screen is smaller and the characters are smaller, it gives the illusion that his reach has been nerfed.

Xeylir

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xeylir
Hmm. It is a little hard to tell from just looking at the video, but it doesn't look shorter to me.

Qikz

Smash Cadet
I didn't really play Marth in Brawl at all so my opinion is somewhat different to most but from Melee it feels like I've got no range at all haha, but then again his range in Melee is pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I didn't really play Marth in Brawl at all so my opinion is somewhat different to most but from Melee it feels like I've got no range at all haha, but then again his range in Melee is pretty crazy.
I recommend playing brawl marth. It'll feel different but you should definitely practice around with it.

Top Bottom