• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is the correct way to play luigi to spam side b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elza~

Smash Cadet
No. Green Missle has no priority, accompanied by a ton of end lag. Your best use for Side-B is hard reads, whiff punishes, or if you NEED to cover a lot of horizontal distance, then for recovery.

Elza~

Smash Cadet
You can spam if you want, just know you are likely to get punished. Just like if you accidentally throw out a dash attack...

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
If you had a Green Missile every time (can be farmed via Ledge)...you could play a super defensive/punish based Luigi that only used it...so actually yes you could. If your opponent gets hit mid attack (wiff punish) with it, you'll pull of a hit without getting hit back...but I'd recommend you save that for final blows only...it scares the **** outta the opponent knowing it could come out at any time.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
You make a very good point, OP
Next time I face m2k, Ima store those misfires and just use that. I'll be the best player ever.

People get so mad when I kill them with misfires, though. And im just like, "you can stop it with literally ANYTHING"

Last edited:

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
You make a very good point, OP
Next time I face m2k, Ima store those misfires and just use that. I'll be the best player ever.

People get so mad when I kill them with misfires, though. And im just like, "you can stop it with literally ANYTHING"
"Dude, that priority is stupid, this is why PM is unbalanced!"
Dude, the hitbox is well behind a wall of hurtbox. God forbid you jabbed lol.

POLOGUN

Smash Cadet
No, the missile has a huge ending lag and no priority at all, so you better spam wavedashes than side B. Your best option with this attack is to try to prepare the powerful one and punish the opponent in a read.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
The funny thing is that if you play anyone who is used to smash 4 you can misfire their rolls all day. It's pretty effective as a roll punish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom