• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is the classic controller any good?

thrash25

Smash Rookie
so im thinking about getting one for brawl cause it looks like brawl would be tight with the classic controller, does anyone know if its good or not?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
haven't personally used it, but i heard its money if you can use it. think of the snes controller if you played with it with 2 joysticks stuck in the middle...i guess kind of like a playstation controller. personally i am going to use the GC controller though, its just classic and what i am used to, also im too lazy to switch and learn a whole new controller system haha

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
So i'm pretty junk at smash and have never owned a Nintendo console until I bought this Wii, for someone who wants to humliate his friends who are actually good at this game, what controller should I use.
That is all

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
So i'm pretty junk at smash and have never owned a Nintendo console until I bought this Wii, for someone who wants to humliate his friends who are actually good at this game, what controller should I use.
That is all
Wiimote + Nunchuck.

Waggle-Smash the hell out of them, and then smack them in the face with your final Waggle-Smash as it KO's their character.

BOO-YAAAAH.

SirAileron

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirAileron
3DS FC
4339-2495-8012
Matter of preference question inquires of a matter of preference.

Use what you want; it's all Smash Bros.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I'll probably end up switching between schemes after set periods of time to see what I'm best with.

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
Wiimote + Nunchuck.

Waggle-Smash the hell out of them, and then smack them in the face with your final Waggle-Smash as it KO's their character.

BOO-YAAAAH.
Once again, never had a Nintendo system and haven't played the Wii much (yet...my life will soon be over)

Put it in english!
I have heard a few people say just stick with the GC controller.
But what you all think

That is all.....

Don't you hate pants?

zapdose

Smash Apprentice
I think the GameCube controller's probably a better buy.
The Classic Controller cannot be used to play GameCube games and it also needs to be plugged into the Wiimote. It *IS* a bit cheaper though.

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Once again, never had a Nintendo system and haven't played the Wii much (yet...my life will soon be over)

Put it in english!
I have heard a few people say just stick with the GC controller.
But what you all think

That is all.....

Don't you hate pants?
Waggle-Smash: Moving your Wiimote up/down/left/right corresponding to the direction you wish to do a Smash Attack in.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
The classic controller works just as good as the gamecube controller so yes it's good. The analog stick might be in a sort of weird position but if your used to playstation controllers it shouldn't be a problem.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
so im thinking about getting one for brawl cause it looks like brawl would be tight with the classic controller, does anyone know if its good or not?
It worked pretty well a Mario Kart port we got for the Wii, I think it might work pretty good but I'm still going to try to stick to a GC controller

Top Bottom