• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the baseball bat so nerfed that you find yourself throwing it rather than swinging

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
One thing is for sure, when you throw that bat it sure does pack a punch. However, the load animation for the swings have doubled, almost tripled from their melee counterpart, and that makes the bat really useless for the smash attack. what do you do with it? i throw it for massive damage.
:laugh:

pirkid

Smash Lord
It's always been very useful for a well-aimed throw. I do find myself not smashing with it as often as I did in Melee, due to, yes, high wind-up times.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
It is relatively effective as a running attack, but Yeah, I agree the Swinging animations for the entire cast are insanely long. Only chance you have of actually using it and working is if a Pitfall is used in Combonation with the Bat.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Mmm...

I did a double KO with the Homerunbat today, I think it has skipping super armor frames because I was hit while doing the swing animation and It still KOed. (that or I got really lucky)

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Ive never been a fan of using equip items to there full pontcial, I just throw them

JBass86

Smash Rookie
If I saw somebody falling from a triple jump in a four player match and I could time it just right, then id swing it. Otherwise yeah I always throw it myself.

Top Bottom