• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the amiibo rarity issue only in certain regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frootlooops

Smash Rookie
I understand that in the US, it's pretty much impossible to find any of the rarer amiibo on shelf anymore. Are any of the rare amiibos such as Villager and WFT also difficult to find in Japan for instance?

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
I saw two WFT's in a local store before, which is in Wales (UK) so it may be easier to find in smaller countries such AS Wales.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Hong Kong seems to have them all. I got a Marth in mid-January. When I went for wave 3(Ike and MetaKnight) though, there weren't any Rosalina, Sonic or Megaman.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yes. Because Reggie hates us North Americans. Retail exclusives? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Especially since the retailers are frigging incompetent morons with the tiniest shelf space for amiibos I've ever seen.
Germany has this apparently:

Here, the store's entire Amiibo shelf space is basically just Toon Link's alone and MAAAAAAAYBEEE a bit of Sheik.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Yes. Because Reggie hates us North Americans. Retail exclusives? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Especially since the retailers are frigging incompetent morons with the tiniest shelf space for amiibos I've ever seen.

Here, the store's entire Amiibo shelf space is basically just Toon Link's alone and MAAAAAAAYBEEE a bit of Sheik.
W-W-W-Wh-What?

Lucky Europeans!

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.

That is painful to look at, theres 3 different kinds of amiibos where I live. I can't get any...

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Though you gotta remember that we pay a lot more than 16 dollars for an Amiboo over here, heck in Denmark I have to dish out 25 USD for a gamestop amiibo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I genuinely have no idea if this is sarcasm or not.
Considering that Nintendo of America also doesn't want to sell us the regular New 3DS with the faceplates, I say Reggie hasn't been feeling too kindly of us lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom