• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That All? - The ZSS Playbook, Vol. 3

Take 5

Smash Apprentice

Some say the general level of play on For Glory is improving. Here is my rebuttal.

P.S. I still love you, Falcon mains.

Last edited:

LeopardTalon

Smash Rookie
I really love your combo videos! They inspire me to take my own ZSS up a notch. I sadly do not have the Wii U version. Are there any tips you can give to someone who uses the 3DS Version? Button wise and such?

Last edited:

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
I really need to make my zamus better, thanks for inspiration :] great video as always (but you got falcon punched >.>)

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
I really love your combo videos! They inspire me to take my own ZSS up a notch. I sadly do not have the Wii U version. Are there any tips you can give to someone who uses the 3DS Version? Button wise and such?
Thanks! I haven't played the 3DS version in a while, but I used the standard button layout. You can check out my written guide for playstyle tips: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T83KQYg53wQMgVFhe99fmlvE55JuGLeatDqHkXXYEqY/edit?pli=1

(I wouldn't bother with perfect pivoting, since the 3DS circle pad is hard to work with.)

I really need to make my zamus better, thanks for inspiration :] great video as always (but you got falcon punched >.>)
Thanks! And yes, that's what happens when you're overly aggressive... but that's how I feel Smash should be played :)

Last edited:

LeopardTalon

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I haven't played the 3DS version in a while, but I used the standard button layout. You can check out my written guide for playstyle tips: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T83KQYg53wQMgVFhe99fmlvE55JuGLeatDqHkXXYEqY/edit?pli=1

(I wouldn't bother with perfect pivoting, since the 3DS circle pad is hard to work with.)

Thanks! And yes, that's what happens when you're overly aggressive... but that's how I feel Smash should be played :)
Yeah, I tried pivoting but gave up on it. I'll give the guide a through read. Is it possible to do the u-air -> u-air -> u-B on the 3DS?

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187

Cool, thanks for writing that up, I just skimmed it in 2 minutes, I'll read it in a bit
perfect pivoting is a **** on 3ds, even if you manage to, you cant immediately act out of it either

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Is there an easy button mapping to do it or is it just timing?
Timing's the main issue--practice the timing of your second jump after the first u-air so the combo strings smoothly (double jumping just a little bit early/late will mess up the combo).

Edit: Also make sure to follow your opponent's DI/trajectory throughout the u-airs, like at 2:59 in the above video.

As an aside, since ZSS is so timing/spacing dependent in general, even micro-lag makes online play unbearable at times >_<

Last edited:
Top Bottom