• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is stun-locking actually a thing?

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrViMjysaBQ
Skip to 1:12. I can't properly test this because I only have a 3ds. In training mode the consecutive stuns don't register as a combo, but a stun to a forward smash will. You don't have to perfect pivot (I can't on the 3ds). If you're close enough, you can just forward smash away, though in some cases you may want to angle it. If you aren't close enough, you can do one fox trot forward and then forward smash. The timing is kind of tight, as you can either get a dash attack if you're too early or have it not combo if you're too late. I suppose a perfect pivot would ease up the timing a bit. If you're close enough to not need a fox trot, you can also go for another shot into a fully charged bite.

It appears to work on actually quite a few characters, not all of which are fast fallers. On more floaty characters it appears that they gain a short bit of immunity to the stun. I can't figure out why. The best testing I could do was look for those characters who gain that immunity.

Some characters on which I got this to work are Fox, Roy, Greninja, Shiek, Link, Cloud, Charizard, D3, Falco, Bayonnaise, ZSS, Captain Dashgrab, Gdorf, Lucario, Rob, Mac, Mario, and Meta Knight. It was in training mode at 90%.

I expected it to work on Diddy, but he's too short (and apparently Meta Knight isn't?...). Link's shield forces you to start it from behind.

I suppose this would be pretty great if it's actually true, thought I'm at a loss for setting up into the shot.

Please help me.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Hi

I don't think anyone's really bothered to test it out, but i'm willing to trust My Smash Corner and assume that it works on fast fallers. In any case, it's too risky and unwieldy to rely on in an actual match. The potential of dragging them closer to the edge is not worth risking a chance of simply going for a fully charged bite or Fsmash.

Just so you know, all questions should be asked in this thread rather than posting your own thread.

Top Bottom