• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SSBB mashing up pretty much whatever you've wanted in a game?

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Not just in Smash Bros., but in games in general. Snapshots at any time, level editor, online play, etc. What about getting more specific? To be honest, I've been wanting a solid, real-time Pokémon fighter where you actually control the Pokémon in hectic battles. I was ECSTATIC to see the Pokémon Trainer update for various reasons:

- the above mentioned
- the ORIGINAL starters and trainer
- Squirtle (favorite starter :))

Hm, what else?

- an excellent music score
- fully customizable controls
- a story mode which is basically like Nintendo's Kingdom Hearts in side-scrolling action form

This isn't just the best Smash Bros. This game is actually combining all the elements of various great games without ruining them. Instead, it blends them into the overall game to make it completely awesome. Similar thoughts?

supa*

Smash Cadet
Yes, I love what Smash is.

To be frank however, I wouldn't care the least if it weren't a fighter.

Really, the true selling point I want about this game is it's celebration of Nintendo's past, present, and future. In fact, if they were to strip every element in Smash except what I previously said, and made it into a solo action/ adventure, I would be overjoyed.

Maybe Nintendo will catch on to my dream game sooner or later. :p Until then, I got Smash, which is still kick *** in its own rights

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yes but I don't think SSE and KH are really alike(I know you said side-scrolling but still) other than that:
I agree about the Pokemon game, it should be made but not a fighter in the classic sense more of a crazy 3-D battle thing(KH2 multiplayer with a lot of variety).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm thinking at the moment, not quite.

The music really isn't anything like the last game (that soundtrack was fantastic, and I still listen to it.), most of the stages are boring (I said most) and a few other complaints.

I'm really hoping they haven't shown the best in those two categories, because if that's the best I'm really worried.

Dark Yoshi87

Smash Cadet
If it had a racing mode (Bear with me here, i know it sounds stupid at first) It'd be even more awesome.

But that only raises the awesome level by such a small amount :p

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Yes. Yes it is.

That's why I've been patiently waiting for it for the last 2 years.

And that's why I won't sleep for a couple days when I get it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not just in Smash Bros., but in games in general. Snapshots at any time, level editor, online play, etc. What about getting more specific? To be honest, I've been wanting a solid, real-time Pokémon fighter where you actually control the Pokémon in hectic battles. I was ECSTATIC to see the Pokémon Trainer update for various reasons:

- the above mentioned

Hm, what else?

- a story mode which is basically like Nintendo's Kingdom Hearts in side-scrolling action form

This isn't just the best Smash Bros. This game is actually combining all the elements of various great games without ruining them. Instead, it blends them into the overall game to make it completely awesome. Similar thoughts?

I agree with all of these, especially the part about the Pokemon Trainer, and Squirtle is definitely awesome.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman

- the above mentioned

Hm, what else?

going to be such s great game! it is like a nintendo universe game...

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Pretty much. If online play was better and there were some 2D Sonic the Hedgehog platforming elements (loop-de-loop FTW), then it would be perfect.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The funny thing about this game, unlike Melee (and I'll get to why in a minute) is that every single playable character and assist trophy mentioned by the dojo so far, with the exceptions of Lucas, Devil and Stafy, has been a part of my childhood in one way or another.

Short Version: This game IS my childhood, and it's such a love letter from Nintendo to all of us kids who grew up with this stuff, I can't even begin to describe it. I had a freaking R.O.B. and Keyboard with my NES for goodness sake.

You see, with Melee, I had no idea what Fire Emblem was, simply because the series hadn't reached America prior to its release, and yet I've been a major fan of Sega's counter-punch to Fire Emblem, Shining Force, since I was 6 years old. I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem now, as a result, and thus I love Ike, just like I would've loved it if Max (which would of course never happen) from Shining Force made it into the game.

I won't really go into detail with the vets, simply because most of them are completely obvious. However, I feel like I should talk about the Ice Climbers. At my day care, there was a beat-up NES with only 3 godforsaken games (I assume the good ones were stolen): Totally Rad, Urban Champion, and Ice Climber. Well, when those are your options, you find a way to cope with Ice Climber...

Now onto the newcomers. The Kirby crew and I go way back to Kirby's Adventure on the NES, or even Kirby's Dreamland on the Gameboy. I owned Kid Icarus II: Of Myths and Monsters, and wish I still had it, so I'm pretty much ready to main Pit. And I own every Wario game made other than Master of Disguise and Wario World (which I rented and beat on its own).

Like any pre-teen in 1998 I was swept asunder by Poke-mania. However, just like many of my age bracket it never really caught on again with me after the first generation. The inclusion of the Pokemon trainer with all of my favorite starters in all of my favorite forms of theirs (Yes, I do like Ivysaur the best) is simply breathtaking.

My brother and I have been talking about tag teaming with DK and Diddy since SSB 64, and now that dream's realized. Rad.

Metal Gear Solid was the first mature rated game I ever played, and my parents actually were surprised by how well made the game was. I caught my Stepdad playing through Snake's adventure just about every morning for a month. Very good memories.

I actually played Earthbound on a cartridge, so that makes me one of a few select giant Nintendo dorks who's seen it all the way to the end in the year the game was released. I didn't own an SNES, so I had to play that and all of the other great 1st party Nintendo games at my friend Jared's house. I'll miss Ness, but his spirit lives on in Lucas, so whatever.

However, it really all boils down to Sonic the Hedgehog. Where to even begin? Sonic the Hedgehog's Archie comics are what got me into reading comics along with Spider-Man. I still have folders filled with sketches and rudimentary drawings of my own visions of the knothole gang. I used to write stories in my head about how the daring Freedom Fighters would take out Dr. Robotnik's latest scheme, and ****it these were fully calculated. Some of the characters died, some of them went for glory, all of these were virtuous to an 8 year old with a sega genesis and no friends that lived within walking or bicycle distance. My stepbrother, stepsister, and I would act out these stories with our imaginations, and my god that's the one thing I miss most about childhood, where you could just cut loose and do that kind of thing without any second thoughts as to how silly it may seem.

So yeah... Sonic used to be a pretty big deal for me. Man, I've been waiting for a Sonic and Mario showdown for years.

And all I have to say about Assist Trophies is that I am SOOOOO disappointed that Little Mac couldn't make the cut as a playable character.

So yeah, thanks Nintendo for giving me a little piece of that 8-year-old's imagination back.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've always loved crossover cartoons and comic books, you know, Jetsons meet the Flintstones, , Spiderman and the X-men and Michael Jordan and The Warner Bros gang.

Seeing Rayquazza come out of that lake to eat Diddy but be blocked by Fox...it's just so awesome....

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Oh, I most assuredly agree. SSE almost makes me think about Onslaught basically dissolving the Marvel Universe. Now that book came out when I was like 11, so clearly it hasn't aged too well but I still love it.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
If there was an RPG element to it , something like, only in subspace mode you had levels and a main character/team, and killing things/ doing objective got you xp and money for costumes, items , new skills *all chars start without b moves, smashes, and guard moves* and you level them up to be strong, fast, have more range, deal more knockback etc. Yeah... I'd level up sonics innate run speed and air speed, and make his spindash moves really fast, or play metaknight and make his blade whilrwind go all the way across the stage.

A guy can dream.

Top Bottom