• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Snake a disapiontment?

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Meh, a B+ at best

Seriously i don't have the patience to read all this. I'm honored you took the time to write this wall of text about me:bee:.

P.S.- I know it's a joke so don't post stuff like "Idiot, it's joke!!!!lololol!!!!!"
That was certainly an unusual copypasta. At least I hope it was. If that was thought up on the fly then you have too much free time.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Jeff Highwind's worst transgressions are systematically whitewashed by the press. To counteract that whitewash, I will use the remainder of my space here to expose Jeff for who he really is. Please note that many of the conclusions I'm about to draw are based on cogent and virtually incontrovertible evidence provided by a set of people who have suffered immensely on account of Jeff. I fear that, over time, his sentiments will be seen as uncontested fact because many people are afraid to get my message about Jeff out to the world.

Jeff's paroxysms are built on lies and they depend on make-believe for their continuation. Jeff doesn't want us to make him answer for his wrongdoings. He would rather we settle for the meatless bone of alarmism. He has the gall to advocate fatalistic acceptance of a pompous new world order. I'm not going to say why; we all know the reason.

Inasmuch as I disagree with Jeff's accusations and find his ad hominem attacks offensive, I am happy to meet Jeff's speech with more speech and, if necessary, continue this discussion until the truth shines. Jeff has for a long time been arguing that ethical responsibility is merely a trammel of earthbound mortals and should not be required of a demigod like him. Had he instead been arguing that he is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in Jeff's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how by turning schmoes loose against us good citizens, Jeff has erected a monument to clericalism. Only it does not seem proper to say that such a thing has been "created". "Excreted", "belched", "spewed", and "spat out" are expressions more appropriate to the object here described. You see, Jeff keeps telling everyone within earshot that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to help dim-witted fugitives evade capture by the authorities. I'm guessing that Jeff read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that his emissaries have been running around recently trying to twist the truth. Meanwhile, Jeff has been preparing to welsh on all sorts of agreements. The whole episode smacks of a carefully orchestrated operation. If you ask me, Jeff's most progressive idea is to provide financial support to backwards banana republics and their silly dictators. If that sounds progressive to you, you must be facing the wrong way.

I recently received some mail in which the writer stated, "Jeff's fixation with inaniloquent grifters is disgraceful." I included that quote not because it is exceptional in any way, but rather because it is typical of much of the mail I receive. I included it to show you that I'm not the only one who thinks that the gloss that Jeff's myrmidons put on Jeff's methods of interpretation unfortunately does little to confront and reject all manifestations of credentialism. Jeff's intent is to prevent us from asking questions. He doesn't want the details checked. He doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts he presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of his "facts" are false. It's a well-known fact that letting Jeff ruin my entire day sends a clear message to haughty, unsophisticated rotters that they can sweep his peccadillos under the rug. It's an equally well-known fact that he should just quit whining about everything. When logic puts these two facts together, the necessary result is an understanding that if you've never seen him infiltrate and then dominate and control the mass media, you're either incredibly unobservant or are concealing the truth from yourself.

Forgive me for boring you with all the gory details, but Jeff does not tolerate any view that differs from his own. Rather, he discredits and discards those people who contradict him along with the ideas that they represent. We should agree on definitions before saying anything further about his devious convictions. For starters, let's say that "obstructionism" is "that which makes Jeff yearn to acquire power and use it to indoctrinate destructive clowns." Anyway, I hope I've made my point, which is that to ignore this issue is to lead an active disinformation campaign.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Jeff Highwind's worst transgressions are systematically whitewashed by the press. To counteract that whitewash, I will use the remainder of my space here to expose Jeff for who he really is. Please note that many of the conclusions I'm about to draw are based on cogent and virtually incontrovertible evidence provided by a set of people who have suffered immensely on account of Jeff. I fear that, over time, his sentiments will be seen as uncontested fact because many people are afraid to get my message about Jeff out to the world.

Jeff's paroxysms are built on lies and they depend on make-believe for their continuation. Jeff doesn't want us to make him answer for his wrongdoings. He would rather we settle for the meatless bone of alarmism. He has the gall to advocate fatalistic acceptance of a pompous new world order. I'm not going to say why; we all know the reason.

Inasmuch as I disagree with Jeff's accusations and find his ad hominem attacks offensive, I am happy to meet Jeff's speech with more speech and, if necessary, continue this discussion until the truth shines. Jeff has for a long time been arguing that ethical responsibility is merely a trammel of earthbound mortals and should not be required of a demigod like him. Had he instead been arguing that he is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in Jeff's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how by turning schmoes loose against us good citizens, Jeff has erected a monument to clericalism. Only it does not seem proper to say that such a thing has been "created". "Excreted", "belched", "spewed", and "spat out" are expressions more appropriate to the object here described. You see, Jeff keeps telling everyone within earshot that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to help dim-witted fugitives evade capture by the authorities. I'm guessing that Jeff read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that his emissaries have been running around recently trying to twist the truth. Meanwhile, Jeff has been preparing to welsh on all sorts of agreements. The whole episode smacks of a carefully orchestrated operation. If you ask me, Jeff's most progressive idea is to provide financial support to backwards banana republics and their silly dictators. If that sounds progressive to you, you must be facing the wrong way.

I recently received some mail in which the writer stated, "Jeff's fixation with inaniloquent grifters is disgraceful." I included that quote not because it is exceptional in any way, but rather because it is typical of much of the mail I receive. I included it to show you that I'm not the only one who thinks that the gloss that Jeff's myrmidons put on Jeff's methods of interpretation unfortunately does little to confront and reject all manifestations of credentialism. Jeff's intent is to prevent us from asking questions. He doesn't want the details checked. He doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts he presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of his "facts" are false. It's a well-known fact that letting Jeff ruin my entire day sends a clear message to haughty, unsophisticated rotters that they can sweep his peccadillos under the rug. It's an equally well-known fact that he should just quit whining about everything. When logic puts these two facts together, the necessary result is an understanding that if you've never seen him infiltrate and then dominate and control the mass media, you're either incredibly unobservant or are concealing the truth from yourself.

Forgive me for boring you with all the gory details, but Jeff does not tolerate any view that differs from his own. Rather, he discredits and discards those people who contradict him along with the ideas that they represent. We should agree on definitions before saying anything further about his devious convictions. For starters, let's say that "obstructionism" is "that which makes Jeff yearn to acquire power and use it to indoctrinate destructive clowns." Anyway, I hope I've made my point, which is that to ignore this issue is to lead an active disinformation campaign.
Definitely Copypasta or Flame Generator. **** good one though.

HAYAKU

Smash Rookie
When i first played i actually thought snake sucked bad and was waaaaaaaaay over hyped...but after playing with him 4 like 3 days i realized something....i found a new main...SOLID SNAKE!! never disappoints!!!

Livadas

Smash Rookie
i think its all in how you use him, for the people who are not good with him he is bad, but for the people who are good with him he is just fine.

Farowe

Smash Rookie
I somehow founded snake extremelly manageable at the beggining, it surprised me for the enormuos quantity of people arguing that he suck, or that he is to hard to play with...

I will not argue, whatever, snake itself is pure mindgame and strategy, now add to this fact, that Brawl is far more for mindgame strategys than for who press certain button faster (smash bro melee) this make Snake too **** cool for the gameplay...

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Lol how can a character be annoyingly heavy? Weight is a good thing?

Ok, you can be 'combo'd' easier, but there are no combos in brawl anyway...

And he's not that slow.. is he?

He's amazing. Broken.

ThePlantiff

Smash Cadet
Snake is top tier.
Snake tilts are stronger than Meta Knight's smashes.
Snake side B eats any projectiles thrown at it. And passes Through Meta Knight's B and side-B.
Snake has good recovery. Almost as good as Meta Knight's recovery.
Snake is very heavy. Unlike Meta Knight.
Snake has a Projectile. Meta Knight doesn't

Basically Snake > Meta Knight and everyone else.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I hated Snake at first because he drove me nuts in 4 player FFAs but I recently started playing with him a lot and I love him. It feels so satisfying to just be in that zone and having all your explosives and tilts connect to make frenzy of death on stage. :)

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Snake is top tier.
Snake tilts are stronger than Meta Knight's smashes.
Snake side B eats any projectiles thrown at it. And passes Through Meta Knight's B and side-B.
Snake has good recovery. Almost as good as Meta Knight's recovery.
Snake is very heavy. Unlike Meta Knight.
Snake has a Projectile. Meta Knight doesn't

Basically Snake > Meta Knight and everyone else.
Ah I live for debunking overgeneralizations:
1. They may be stronger but MK's are faster and more practical. Also, MK's ko moves are aerials and Shuttle Loop
2. Projectiles and certain attacks alter the Nikita. It doesnt *eat them*
3. ...well yea you're right. Snake can get knocked out of his recovery though
4. Both have perks and problems. Snake is heavy so he's moderately slow and has poor recovery without his cypher. MK might get ko'd easy but he's nimble as hell.
5. Projectile =/= superiority. Plus MK has blinding speed and unfair priority against snake.

6. Snake isn't infallable. Toon Link, ROB and Olimar have a natural advantage against him. Also MK has a fair advantage if used correctly (aka in the air).

ThePlantiff

Smash Cadet
Ah I live for debunking overgeneralizations:
1. They may be stronger but MK's are faster and more practical. Also, MK's ko moves are aerials and Shuttle Loop
2. Projectiles and certain attacks alter the Nikita. It doesnt *eat them*
3. ...well yea you're right. Snake can get knocked out of his recovery though
4. Both have perks and problems. Snake is heavy so he's moderately slow and has poor recovery without his cypher. MK might get ko'd easy but he's nimble as hell.
5. Projectile =/= superiority. Plus MK has blinding speed and unfair priority against snake.

6. Snake isn't infallable. Toon Link, ROB and Olimar have a natural advantage against him. Also MK has a fair advantage if used correctly (aka in the air).
1. Well, yeah he is Meta Knight after all, he attacks fast. Yeah I know how Meta kills, besides I was just comparing his tilts, but can you define practical? Also snake has more range :)

2. Well he certainly doesn't eat them, he destroys them and alters the direction of the Nikita missile, but the direction alter isn't (I think) much.

3. You forgot to mention those Super armor frames.

4. Yeah of course, Snake gimps Meta Knight's recovery easily (Nikita). But against certain characters Snake is very hard to kill.

5. Yeah, but projectiles are always useful. Again he's Meta Knight, he is supposed to be fast.
I didn't know about the priority issue.

6. No of course no character is perfect in this game. Well I didn't know about Toon Link, and ROB, but Snake has a hard time against Olimar. Besides Snake has IMO a better ground game, just keep fighting on the ground.

Besides I just said Meta Knight because he is the first character I thought off.

Top Bottom