• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is smash easy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
my words...
look, im was a noob, who basically wanted a fighter that i was good at. i actually bought the game like les than 2 yrs ago. i beat all my friends in a matter of weeks, and wanted to know more, and came here. i aint pro, i've seen the videos, and to my honest statement this topic makes no sense. you see, everyone, yes everyone, who says smash is hard/ easy/ hard for noobs easy for pros w/e aint entirely right. you have to remeber the specifics of our species. we are human, and everyone is different. we all learned math, english, science in different ways, and are strong in those, just like we learned a character in special ways and figured out them. i cmae here to get better, from practice and hard work, and it actually payed off (if only i could do the same in school) by actually working for some thing, it came to me. i spent like 30 minutes reading over most of the post, and came to this. that is simply matter what kind of person you are. when i first got smash(ye olde version), since i played the old one when i was in like 4th or 5th grade (10th now) it wasnt hard to figure out hte controls and such, and it wasnt hard to have fun. the present universe of smash is complex, and riddled with move hard for new people (SHFFL, Wavedashes, etc) for some, and gravy for others. the way i see it, smash is an easy game, like almost all games out ther ( for new player replay the corporations have to make it pick up and playable) it is perfecting the craft of smash, earning all the moves you can handle, battling others, and still haveing a relatively sane and positive outlook on your fellow players that is hard, and in my view sets pros away from people like me and others on this forum, upincomers. that's all i got, gimme some input

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Coming from a Captain Falcon and Ken main, the majority of people here need to stop thinking that just because this is the first game they ever realized had advanced stuff in it, that every game before it sucks and is a shallow button masher.

I wish we could all see a pro Fox or Sheik get his a$$ handed to him by an average A-Sakura. come to think of it, i wanna see combofiend, kindebu, J wong, daigo, and friggin' Jason Cole own all smash pros, well, 'cept for Isai. Too good.

djquackfunky

Smash Rookie
Ken Masters, not Ken Hoang.
As a Capcom fan you should know there can only be 1 ken in videogames!

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
For the comment about SF3 about parrying being like powershielding...

I'm fairly sure that parrying has a much more lenient window frame... like 5 frames or so.

Plus, the character's super combos are all "set", and so it's simply a matter of learning the timing down against each combo. Thus, multi-parrying isn't quite the same as powershielding pillaring, as pillaring times can vary from person to person.

I'm not saying that match wasn't amazing, just that multiple parrying is hardly the same as powershielding 17 pillar attacks.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
For the comment about SF3 about parrying being like powershielding...

I'm fairly sure that parrying has a much more lenient window frame... like 5 frames or so.

Plus, the character's super combos are all "set", and so it's simply a matter of learning the timing down against each combo. Thus, multi-parrying isn't quite the same as powershielding pillaring, as pillaring times can vary from person to person.

I'm not saying that match wasn't amazing, just that multiple parrying is hardly the same as powershielding 17 pillar attacks.
Alright, since Chun-li's super is a set combo (which it is, all super arts in 3rd Strike are) and powershielding is harder than parrying (since you are throwing out random frame data about 3S' parry system which is completly off) go ahead and try to parry that super. You won't parry the first hit, I guarantee it.

If you think the person that parried the entire super without making a single mistake when it mattered is easy, you are simply underestimating the skill, knowledge, reaction, and execution just for the final moments that match required.

Anyways, parrying in 3S is so much different than compared to powershielding in SSBM, parrying is an important part of the game, powershielding does'nt play that much of a part.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
ok, I've educated myself on the other games and, Yes, there are other 2-D fighters that are respectable in the fact that they are up there with smash (or smash is up there with them).

I'll admit those other games are very "restrained" in my opinion. That meaning that they don't allow for high-speed game, they are restricted to a small playing field, and mind games along with skill with combos and parrying are required to win a match. If anything, they seem more realistic than smash. Realism doesn't make a fighting game any better or worse .

I think that Smash has many more factors in a match that can contribute to the outcome of a competitive match. These being the surface area of the levels compared to the characters, platforms, aerial moves, the death system, and most importantly, the damage system. These make the game a little more unpredictable and advanced in my opinion.

If advanced doesn't agree with you, then just call it Different. All I want is for Smash to be considered a Fighting Video Game worthy of attention in the competitive gaming world.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Alright, since Chun-li's super is a set combo (which it is, all super arts in 3rd Strike are) and powershielding is harder than parrying (since you are throwing out random frame data about 3S' parry system which is completly off) go ahead and try to parry that super. You won't parry the first hit, I guarantee it.

If you think the person that parried the entire super without making a single mistake when it mattered is easy, you are simply underestimating the skill, knowledge, reaction, and execution just for the final moments that match required.

Anyways, parrying in 3S is so much different than compared to powershielding in SSBM, parrying is an important part of the game, powershielding does'nt play that much of a part.
What kind of bull**** response is this? When did i ever claim that parrying chun-li's super is easy? That's right. Nowhere. Now go stop putting words in my mouth, especially when you seem to be agreeing with my point rather than opposing it.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Probably because powershielding is so much harder than parrying, due to different frame windows. However, powershielding lasers and missiles are quite important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom