• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is sh fair dair a viable mindgame?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
It could be i guess but its still risky. the lag on the Dair is to long, it almost reminds me of links Dair although thats a bit extreme. i just don't see alot of possibilities with a sh Dair except to stall in the air for a second

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes. i think it is.

is dash attack to fsmash a viable mindgame?
is usmash to usmash a viable mindgame?
is dtilt to vanish a viable mindgame?
is ftilt to dash pivot grab a viable mindgame?
is uthrow to transform a viable mindgame?

a combination of two random attacks is not a mindgame, so you cannot judge whether or not it is viable. for the sake of optomism, i like to say that anything is viable in brawl.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If I get into a side step fight which is rare, I occasionally use the dair to mix it up if I don't feel like using the dsmash...other then that I see no real mind game potential

ynnek123

Smash Ace
yes. i think it is.

is dash attack to fsmash a viable mindgame?
is usmash to usmash a viable mindgame?
is dtilt to vanish a viable mindgame?
is ftilt to dash pivot grab a viable mindgame?
is uthrow to transform a viable mindgame?

a combination of two random attacks is not a mindgame, so you cannot judge whether or not it is viable. for the sake of optomism, i like to say that anything is viable in brawl.
if you always do sh fair, bair and nair, they won't expect fair-> Dair right? Most people who I play against(then again, they aren't exactly pros :p) grab after I fair and stay in range, so they will miss the grab becaus of the uplift of the dair and that makes it kind of a mindgame :p

yes, I know thats bs

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what you're doing is an attempt at a mixup, yes, but the specific attack combination in itself is not a mindgame. in that case, you could do any move from fair with a little wait after it.

to truly answer your question: yes, i think dair might be an interesting option, since it has decent priority and a good duration to be able to hit someone if they try to dodge or shield grab right away. however, just don't get shielded, since dair is easily punishable.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
if you always do sh fair, bair and nair, they won't expect fair-> Dair right? Most people who I play against(then again, they aren't exactly pros :p) grab after I fair and stay in range, so they will miss the grab becaus of the uplift of the dair and that makes it kind of a mindgame :p

yes, I know thats bs
cool, hadn't thought of using dair that way before. Maybe it does have some uses:)

Top Bottom