• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sakurai biased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
This has been bugging me for a while. Ever since Brawl came out, I've been noticing some things about the Kirby series in this game, both of which Sakurai developed. Note that I don't hate the Kirby series nor SSBB. I'm just thinking that Sakurai was biased towards his own series in SSBB.
Here are the reasons why:
1. Meta Knight, Kirby, and Dedede are very high on the tier list.
2. The Halberd, Meta Knight's vehicle plays a huge role in SSE.
3.1/3 of the minimum characters that are brought back for the Great Maze are Kirby characters: King Dedede and Kirby.
4. Too many trophies. I swear to God, the Kirby series has more trophies than Kid Icarus, Warioware, and Fire Emblem combined!

If anyone can think of any more reasons, just post them.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Well, he could be, there is a lot of evidence.

But he probably didn't know how they would place on tier lists prior to a while after release, so I can't be sure about that one.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
1. Meta Knight, Kirby, and Dedede are very high on the tier list.
Sakurai didn't make the game for the competitive sense, it's not like he knew how we were going to use the game. (He did in the fact he tried to stop competitiveness, but that's different) Sure he knew thier moves/frame data and all the important stuff in the game, but you have to remember the tier list is something we make based on what we play the game like.

2. The Halberd, Meta Knight's vehicle plays a huge role in SSE.
I'll give you that one. :laugh:

3. 1/3 of the minimum characters that are brought back for the Great Maze are Kirby characters: King Dedede and Kirby.
I'll give you that one too, although I think it has to do because they are major characters in the story.

4. Too many trophies. I swear to God, the Kirby series has more trophies than Kid Icarus, Warioware, and Fire Emblem combined!
Advertising, plus Kid Icarus probably doesn't have as many fans as Kirby. It has a bit to do with Sakurai, but he also has loads of the other major Nintendo games. It's not like he would make 2/3 of the trophies Kirby characters or something, you want to include the other characters from other games such as Mario and Samus.

If people didn't hate Sakurai so much for Brawl, they would never think of this, or if they did they would just not bother with it since it really doesn't make any difference. You can look back at the story line of the SSE and all, but what most players care about is the competition.

Good try trying to bring a good topic to the table though, this has been discussed so much it's basically pointless.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
It's been pointed out before, as a die-hard long-time Kirby fan I'll say, maybe true.
I wouldn't say biased, sounds too negative. Favors the series? It may not even have been intentional, and whether it was or wasn't you can't call foul when he specifically left MK and DDD out of Melee so he DIDN'T overrepresent his franchise! Why he ddidn't care in Brawl may be due to the fact that, for all he knew, it could be the last time he'd get to use his creations, because he initially felt taht it would very well be the Last Smash.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Nice sig The Sleepy One =D

And yeah, I think the Subspace Emissary story sort of suggests that Sakurai may be biased...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
OMG, he got so many things that has Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, than Kirby in his name, he's so biased with Kirby only. >_>

Well, we all know he made the guy but it's not like he's only focusing on Kirby than the other seires to get blanked out, I don't see four Kirby characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom