• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Roy Overpowered in Project M

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
And don't forget Goldeen. But on a more serious note, Pit is the most powerful currently. He has a good MU against 90% of the cast including the other "OP" characters like Mewtwo, Link, and Zelda. It's like you gave a Jigglypuff a sword, a bow, magical bendy arrows, and the ability to glide.

Back on thread topic, though. In my opinion, Roy is like absolute mid tier (almost perfectly balanced). He has great combo ability if you can get in, good kill power if you can manage to land the hit out of a combo at higher percents, but a mediocre recovery to balance it all out.
He's also fastfalling combo food. He's made of glass like the spacies, but without any tools like the ones they have to stay safe (other than reach, but not even as much as many other characters). I think he could be heavier, or do more side Bs for recovery (like Marth, who falls slower. wtf?). Ike is the perfect mid tier, Roy is kind of bad.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Roy has a down b that can be jump cancelled and kill anybody offstage at any %. His up smash kills god nasty early, he can short hop and shoot two lasers, he can up throw up air kill floaties.

Hide yo Kids and hide yo wife.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
In my opinion Roy is balanced just right. All of his tools take time to master and one mistake of you aggressive game can lead to a quick stock. He falls so fast and is combo food like a 6$ all you can eat buffet. Sure his recovery is bad but if he could survive to 180% what would that make him? (I know with good DI you can make it back quite a bit as displayed by Sethlon in many of his matches)

Top Bottom