• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is ROB unpopular or what?

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Because in my ~1,500 FG matches, I've only met approximately 5 or 6 other ROB players.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i havent ran into too many robs but ive ran into a decent number of them. the character i barely ever see is olimar and palutena a decently far second.

in my some 4000+ (dont know exactly but i know at least 4000) games ive ran into olimar twice MAYBE 3 times and palutena maybe like 10 or 15

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
This may seem like a weird response but ROB is most popular among nerds, and there are more nerds in the tournament scene than on For Glory, making ROB more common in tournament than on For Glory. This is my guess at least. Besides, a lot of the scrubs on For Glory have a moral opposition towards "spamming" making them feel honorable and pure for not playing as the robot.

Last edited:

Kanvas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1315-1561
Idk, I played ROB on for glory against a couple mewtwos. The first one was pretty good, but the second player suicided twice when he started getting to high percent. So I switched to Lucas just to switch it up I guess. So this round he rolled to the opposite side of the stage every time and spammed shadowball until he got a quick kill off top with plenty of taunting, unfortunately I lost. I then switched back to ROB and 2 stocked him with 38% on me. I think ROB is perfect anti-spam for quite a few matchups.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
That's simply because no For Glory fool is anywhere near skilled enough to utilize, or even comprehend the true power of the Robotic Obliteration Buddy. Soon, the year 20BeepBoop will come, and everyone will finally realize that R.O.B. is the true top tier of Smash 4.
Soon.

iDareian

Smash Rookie
NNID
dareianrc36
I saw a ton of ROBs here at CEO. I used to play nothing but ROB during the entire lifespan of brawl and the first couple of months in Smash 4.

He is a heavy that doesn't get the full rewards of rage. Or at least thats how I see it. My poor robot. =(

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Robot is very unpopular, he is one of the rarest characters, I only have seen others choose him after I have him picked, so **** them!

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
Everytime I've played online (2 total sessions on FF, since I'm not ready for FG yet) I never fought against another R.O.B., so I'm not sure if it's true. If I play more sessions, I'll probably figure out soon. :4rob::4rob::4rob:

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
Everytime I've played online (2 total sessions on FF, since I'm not ready for FG yet) I never fought against another R.O.B., so I'm not sure if it's true. If I play more sessions, I'll probably figure out soon. :4rob::4rob::4rob:
I don't think it's that tough to be good enough for FG, considering some people on there.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I've encountered a ROB or two on for glory but they end up being bad. Then i feel bad that the one or two people i encounter that use ROB sucked. But the tourney seen has way more ROB's.
Same goes for Olimar.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
R.O.B. being unpopular shouldn't be surprising. He doesn't come from anime popular game or franchise nor he is a kewl anime character. So yeah.
I don't think it's that tough to be good enough for FG, considering some people on there.
You are wrong.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
R.O.B is bad in lag. I play R.O.B exclusively in tournament but never online.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I play online I exclusively main R.O.B. Playing sheik online is atrocious. Rob I feel is fine since people are getting hit by more top and lasers so it balances out anything that might be messing me up.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Every once and awhile I encounter an experienced R.O.B player. Although, I do find that a lot players will switch to R.O.B to engage in a ditto match against me and within 30 seconds in the match I can tell that they don't know what there doing and they probably switched over because they were frustrated by being walled out VIA gyro and lasers.

Top Bottom