• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is R.O.B. your main ?

1FC0

Smash Lord
R.O.B. IS THE BEST AND DOES NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Yes I main R.O.B. As if my avatar doesn't show it already. Admittedly I didn't like him at first in brawl due to his strange move set and his floaty nature(which I was upset about since I used him in mario kart ds) but I didn't give up on him and kept using him. Eventually I just got used to how he handled and realized the potential he had. His unique move set just clicked with me ever since. Besides I like robots so there's that...

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
I think I might main ROB, I decided to try him in for glory last weekend and just... didn't lose. Like at all. Think I'm still at like 90%.

The playstyle just feels so right.

Shadowmin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowmin
As you can see, I'm an Olimar main, but I find myself relying on Ness and ROB often. He just counters so many of Olimar's threats, while letting me keep my somewhat-passive playstyle.

TheSmasherNamedArete

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9602-1118
Rob has been my main scene I got smash 3ds I liked him on brawl but he just seems how you say better on the 3ds.

*-Super smash bros WiiU/3ds is better then melee I'm just saying-*

Last edited:

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Good to meet other ROB mains out here. It's also good to familiarize yourself with the pro ROB players out there such as Chibo, Mister Eric, Oracle, and Xerox. These guys are great reps of how good ROB can really be.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
I haven't and don't.. yet. I like him a lot in this one so that might change!!

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I main ROB but I'm waiting til Wii U to take this game seriously. Plan on being very active starting next year going to tournaments. Gonna start with taking on mostly areas like ann arbor MI, Columbus OH, and Pittsburgh. Hopefully I can make it to some nationals next year. Going to become the best I can possibly be in this!

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
My interests in AI and robotics caused me to main ROB ever since I unlocked him in brawl. And over the years I have become somewhat quite skilled with him.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Check out my profile pic AND sig.

R.O.B. is awesome, everything about him is awesome. The more they do stuff with him the more awesome he becomes.

Saved Nintendo
Best character in Mario Kart DS
Appears in plenty of games via cameo
That tragic story in the Subspace Emissary
"The last of his kind"
That Final Smash
Up Smash
Called an "Official Smash Brawler" in Tomodachi Life
His legacy

My only complaint is his default colour scheme this time around.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I mained ROB back in Brawl, and I'm thinking about having him be in my list of 5 mains (chars that I want to be good at just in case) along with Pac-Man, Robin, Little Mac and C.Falcon.
R.O.B. IS THE BEST AND DOES NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING
this is my favorite post in this entire forum

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
While he's not my main I certainly enjoy playing R.O.B down throw into up air for 20-21 damage is just delicious.
Edit: I changed my mind and I now main R.O.B

Last edited:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Thinking of maining ROB when I get the game. Seems pretty solid. Looks fun to play. I'll just see how he works out for me, I guess.

Green Spiny

Smash Cadet
Yay ROB mains!

He's my main since Brawl. I try to play others too, but whenever it comes down to the line in for glory... ROB's the real deal.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've won two tournaments in Brawl as R.O.B., and I'm really happy with his Smash 4 changes. That said, I'm on the fence between Yoshi and R.O.B. as my main. Yoshi seems to be a safer first choice for feeling out an opponent, but I usually switch to R.O.B. for my second game.

More than once, I've found that if I can't beat an opponent in For Glory with anybody else, I'll always get at least one win off them with R.O.B. I think if I didn't have a strong attachment to Yoshi as my 64 main (as well as him finally working the way I want him to after all these years), then R.O.B. would always be my first pick.

Top Bottom