• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Puff the least technical of the top 8?

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Or is it just that hbox is godlike with his spacing and rest set ups, so much so that it's all he needs?

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Yea I'd say so for sure.

If you're intelligent and have a fast reaction time it's fairly easy to beat those with more time invested in the game. All the set ups, spacing, and combos are fairly straightforward and have generous windows for error. But I also think unless you are actively trying new stuff with your puff you will plateau rather quickly and people will figure you out to the point where you can't beat them anymore (even at a high level). Beyond that things like edge cancels, shield dropping and power-shielding are things you HAVE to actively be working on since you have less character tech to master.

Hbox does all of the above, but most importantly he seems immune to tourney nerves and stream nerves (also the crowd doesn't affect him negatively). I think that combined with the fact that he isn't scared of the other Gods allows him to actually go toe to toe with them and play consistently and confidently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom