• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Nintendo even aware of the tournament community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix45

Smash Lord
@mikeman - z canceling was in SSB, L canceling in SSBM. if they took it out they would be morons, srsly.

if any 1 advanced tech stays for sure I would put my money on L canceling. no doubt in my mind.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
@mikeman - z canceling was in SSB, L canceling in SSBM. if they took it out they would be morons, srsly.
L-canceling refers to both games: it stands for lag-canceling. In Melee, I don't even use the L-trigger. For me, it'd technically be R-canceling if it referred to what button you pushed. It's safe to refer to it as L-canceling no matter which game you're talking about.

felix45

Smash Lord
FYI not everyone is aware of it being considered as lag cancel but literally as L canceling. Hell you even tried to point it out to me. I was being extra clear.

is that a problem or something? should I from now on assume everyone has the exact same understanding of the game as I do?

raype

Smash Rookie
FYI not everyone is aware of it being considered as lag cancel but literally as L canceling. Hell you even tried to point it out to me. I was being extra clear.

is that a problem or something? should I from now on assume everyone has the exact same understanding of the game as I do?
yes there is a problem with that... you shouldnt call it that even if some one on this forum didnt know what the l stands for.

The Developers proably do know of the competive scene of smash bros in both Japan and America. The whole purpose of the l-cancel was for people at a competive level and that was in both games.

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
They acknowledged the scene because it helps if a group, no matter how niche, isn't trashing the game upon release. Now, I doubt much thought on making a game catering to the scene occurred. Removing tripping, making the game less floaty and slightly faster can both been seen as general improvements. The only specific change that I can think of that Nintendo probably felt pressed to include was the For Glory mode, but again, that just felt like common sense in general.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
There is never a valid reason to bump a 7 year old thread, please don't do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom