• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ness getting left behind??

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
Is ness getting left behind with all the updates and buffs for other characters?? or is he just as good?

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
Ness has gotten nothing but buffs in the previous patches, so just because he's been "untouched" this update, doesn't mean he's any less viable.

Case in point, Sheik.

Last edited:

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
Sakurai has been trying to fix Ness' design since the beginning of Smash.
He has seen how Ness only succeeds early on into a Smash iteration's life, before players just learn how to exploit his dramatic weaknesses.
He's been trying to make a gimmick character more and more deadly to offset just how risky and strange he is.
He wouldn't nerf Ness until much later into SSB4's life, but I'd sooner expect a buff, that late.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I think Ness is a special case. He does so well in the beginning and then its a spiral. The Dev team has noticed that and are trying their hardest to make Ness better and not OP. Which imo they are nailing perfectly. I think Ness doesn't need a nerf or buff. Asking for a buff just seems selfish and asking for a nerf isn't fair because of his exploitable assets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom