• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is mewtwo good now?

Nengar94

Smash Rookie
I know he got new buffs but have they actually made him better? I'm really happy for all you mewtwo mains out there, I have just been wondering though if he is something I should be more afraid of XD

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I know he got new buffs but have they actually made him better? I'm really happy for all you mewtwo mains out there, I have just been wondering though if he is something I should be more afraid of XD
Yes, be very afraid! Buffing his ledge attack was probably the most busted and broken change they've ever could've done for Mewtwo!! Surely he will trample his foes who take up the upper regions of tier lists!!!

But in all seriousness, they haven't been anything crazy from what I've seen, but they're nonetheless good changes. In summary, most of his changes consisted of damage buffs, which essentially improve Mewtwo's damage racking game. Up-tilt seems to combo a bit better, but its always been pretty good at doing that - it might just be me, though, and I just haven't payed much attention to it post 3.0.. Mewtwo's weight was increased by a little bit, which improves his survivability - it wasn't a crazy change, in my opinion. I think it only improved his weight by two, which isn't a lot - he'll still among one of the lightest characters, so it's not like his survivability was vastly improved. The buff to f-smash's range is definitely something to respect, and the extra knockback for shadow ball is a really good change in my opinion - however, it doesn't really go well with the nerf to shadow ball's shield damage. Overall, the buffs are really nice, but Mewtwo hasn't really changed aside from the extra damage dealing. Still, those changes will definitely bring him to a better spot. But match up wise, nothing much has changed to be perfectly honest. So if anything, just respect him a little bit more - but he's not as scary as he was in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Nengar94

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the informative reply, I will definitely have to respect mewtwo players either way now. At least he got buffed Hahaa but downside is his neutral b is not as good against shields

Top Bottom