• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Marth worth maining?

What's your favorite marth skin?

• Black

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • White

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other: put it in the comments

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King31

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-5489-1824
If you have played melee you know that Marth is one of the best charecters in the game. His sword has a lot of range his attacks are powerful and he is a good counter to some other charecters. But at first glance in SSB4 he dosnt look good. That range is not as far his attacks do less and he is not as fast. But with some good skills such as dash dancing and
prefect pivoting you can make this low tier charecter amazing
. You can still use a lot of the same combos from melee. For
example Grab, throw to the side, 2x side smashes and then a down smash thats should be a K.O his shield breaker comes in handy so you can get some punishes off and his sword dancing is pretty powerful. So would I recommend it as a main. Yes only if you can put the time into learning combos and advanced skills.

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
I am maining Marth in SSB4, along with Zelda, but I would like to know some strategies in order to get better.

PS My favorite Marth skin is the red one. I really like his red cape.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
King31 said:
So would I recommend it as a main. Yes only if you can put the time into learning combos and advanced skills.
I'd say this is pretty true for any character in this game. Yes even Diddy's Hoo Hah shenanigans.

Also wasn't sure whether to actually respond since it looks like you pretty much answered your own question in the topic. As for favorite Marth skin mine would be his dark blue (not default) costume. It just looks more pronounced and nice.

King31

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-5489-1824
I'd say this is pretty true for any character in this game. Yes even Diddy's Hoo Hah shenanigans.

Also wasn't sure whether to actually respond since it looks like you pretty much answered your own question in the topic. As for favorite Marth skin mine would be his dark blue (not default) costume. It just looks more pronounced and nice.
I made this to tell people if they were going to consider maining marth that they should if they have enough experience

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth doesnt have alot of combos.

Sorry I dislike misinformation.

Akira213

Smash Cadet
As long as you enjoy playing Marth, I don't see how he isn't worth maining.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hi there @ K King31 . This threads purpose is not clear. First, you have a poll asking for who people think is Marth's best color palette. The name of the thread asks the question, "Is Marth worth maining?" Then in the body of the first post you recommend maining him by utilizing incorrect information. The combos that you indicate in that first post are not actual combos within the Smash 4 engine. This can cause misinformation. If you would like to ask questions regarding Marth's gameplay please utilize the Marth Question and Answer Thread. I am locking the thread in order to avoid misinformation. If you have any questions please feel free to message me through private conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom