• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Lucina worse than Marth by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Is Lucina worse than Marth just because of no tippers? Tippers are a big reason why Marth is a great character, so does Lucina not having them make her automatically worse?

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
No... she's better than marth by default because you can actually kill w/o hitting tippers, and she can still kill pretty early. If you're skilled at spacing then Marth might be a little better.

Xanthos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-2781-4315
I don't have actual evidence like I can't give you numbers to prove that one is better than the other. All I know is that by feel in general Lucina feels like she's a more defensive and less of a gamble. Of course this is all anecdotal but in the time I've played her I seem to be able to recover faster than Marth and my aerials seem a lot more effective. Of course this is only my story but it seems to be a huge difference when I play. Of course neither one is better than the other, there are just different play styles that can execute each individual one better.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
I don't have actual evidence like I can't give you numbers to prove that one is better than the other. All I know is that by feel in general Lucina feels like she's a more defensive and less of a gamble. Of course this is all anecdotal but in the time I've played her I seem to be able to recover faster than Marth and my aerials seem a lot more effective. Of course this is only my story but it seems to be a huge difference when I play. Of course neither one is better than the other, there are just different play styles that can execute each individual one better.
Yeah at the end of the day it all comes down to play styles. I personally love Lucina way more than Marth mostly because of seeing her being a badass in FIre Emblem Awakening, so i'm gonna get better with her over Marth

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
If you need to know the differences between Marth and Lucina, the first thread pinned to our character board highlights their differences. Marth gets rewarded with more knockback and damage for good spacing. Marth is safer when hitting opponents shields on sour-spots due to his 0.7x multiplier on sour-spot attacks. Marth also has a little bit more reach due to his size. You can verify this by hitting opponents standing on platforms in battlefield with Marth. Lucina is not able to hit at that location. Lucina has the ability to hit for the same damage and knockback regardless of the location of the sword. Instead of writing all of their differences here I recommend you read that thread and come to your own conclusions. I will be locking this thread in order to prevent further misinformation. I also recommend everyone looking at this thread goes over to the Lucina Boards Table of Contents and read up on all the resources we have available for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom