• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Lucario still an aerial player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverRiolu295

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coldflare
3DS FC
2191-7850-5154
I mained lucario in brawl and he was an amazing character when in the air but in SmashU, I havn't had as much success in the air. I think I need to make him more of a land fighter but, should I? Is he still decent in the air?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
He loses most aerial fights now which is depressing but it's how it is. He's good if you're below the person in the air though because upair is still pretty good and fair can also anti air if you use it properly.

His nair is his best aerial and is safe on block if you space it properly because of the weird horizontal hitbox.

But overall you shouldn't be going into the air much unless you get a grab and do upthrow which leads to safe fair/upair followups

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I mained lucario in brawl and he was an amazing character when in the air but in SmashU, I havn't had as much success in the air. I think I need to make him more of a land fighter but, should I? Is he still decent in the air?
He's pretty good at air-to-air. I tend to make the mistake of using Fair against grounded opponents, which it is sadly not so effective at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom