• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Lucario an easy chracter to learn

Freeze Pop

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if lucario is an easy chracter to learn becasue im looking for a second main for pm. If hes not could you give me some suggestions on how are decent tier and easy to learn(besides marth).

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
He's an easy character to jank with against people who don't know how to deal with them. He probably requires some of the most techskill at the highest level though. You have to be patient, know when to follow up and with what, and you're combo fodder so you can't be too aggro. He's one of the most gratifying characters to play with though.

In terms of easy mode characters, there's a red-hatted Italian plumber with your name on him.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Lucario wrecks noobs who don't know how to buffer rolls and crouch cancel. But, you will lose really badly against players who do.

In terms of an easy character, I suggest a bulky character like charizard or gannon.

But easiest of all has to be mario. He's really solid in PM.

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
mmm easy chars. i main lucario but recently started looking into mewtwo. could always give that a shot if ud like a easy combo heavy char.

mewtwo tutorial:
1. turn off tapjump
2. hold up
3. press A
4. ???
5. profit

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It isn't too hard to get the basic ideas of Lucario's flow, but when it comes to high level management and actually making up for Lucario's weaknesses, that's when it gets hard.

Last edited:

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Lucario's not too hard to learn and is a good starting character. But if you want someone easy to learn, play Mario.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Lucario isn't hard to pick up at all. I dropped Mewtwo (because I don't know what's going to happen to him in 3.5) and picked him up recently as my main. After 3 days my Lucario has crazy good movement and combos. I just need to practice his spacing and defensive play a little more. His neutral game isn't nearly as bad as people claim.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I like to fool around with him and he's not exactly difficult to use technically. Its more of deciding which move gives me the most reward is difficult. Decision making with Lucario is difficult basically.

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
To play properly, Lucario is one of- if not the most technical characters in PM.
Ignoring basic tech skill, Lucario's own advanced techniques don't transfer to any other characters. He's one of PM's most unique characters and I wouldn't suggest him unless you're willing to put a lot of effort in utilizing these traits.
As far as I know he deals lighter damage per hit so you're supposed to use his 'magic series' combos to counter that- and these combos are heavily DI and weight dependant so realistically it takes quite a lot of game knowledge to use him to his full ability.
Having said that, I think he has enough potential and space for personal flair to be worth trying out.

Top Bottom