• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Is It Worth Using a GameCube Controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

komurokas

Smash Rookie
So here is my dilemma i've been playing smash 4 for a couple months now and in that time i've used the Wii Pad and the Pro Controller (what i use now)

And i'd like to know if the learning curve for using the Gamecube Controller is worth it or if there is no real difference and i should just stick with the Pro Controller

Here's why i think it would be a bit tougher for me to use the Gamecube Controller nowadays

My Layout on the Pro Controller:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg (image of pro controller)

A button: Specials
B button: Jump
Y button: Grab
X button: Attack

All Bumpers and Triggers: Shield

Left Stick: Move
Right Stick: Smash Attacks

I must also mention i flick my Right Stick for Aerials unless it's a Nair of course

(just put whatever felt most natural to me)

The most recent smash game i had played before Smash 4 was Brawl and i loved using the Gamecube Controller (couldn't play without it) but when i bought a wii u i didn't have a Gamecube Controller so i had to settle for the GamePad until i got one. Well as time went on i never got around to getting a Gamecube Controller and i got too used to the Gamecube Controller that when i finally bought the GCC with the Adapter... it was too late... I returned it almost immediately and never thought about it until i went to my first weekly two days ago.

TL;DR look at my button layout i have on my pro controller and lemme know if the learning curve is worth it if i were to switch to a GGC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom