• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it worth it?

RandomArceus

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0414-9599-1014
Well, those controllers have less buttons then the official smash ultimate controllers, so you should try and find an up-to-date third-party controller. If you can do that, then it will be worth it!

GfkLucifer

Smash Rookie
I have only played SSB4 and was wondering if I should buy this for Smash Ultimate:

https://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Com...87&sr=8-2&keywords=gamecube+controller+bundle

https://www.amazon.com/GameCubeCont...87&sr=8-6&keywords=gamecube+controller+bundle

Are the cheap gcc as good as the $149 ones? Are either of these worth it?
I was given the PowerA wired controller for Christmas and I honestly didn’t have that much experience on original GameCube controller, but I have no complaints so far. What controllers are you looking at that cost $150.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I wouldn't recommend those 3rd party GameCube controllers especially for anything competitive. Those kind of 3rd party controllers feel extremely cheap and clicky. Cords are also short, even shorter than original GC controllers from NA. Not to mention they also break a lot sooner than official ones.

Just buy the actual controller. There's official ultimate controllers for about $30 you can find pretty much anywhere at the moment. They're just as good as the smash 4 version and those are nearly identical to the original controllers. PowerA sounds goods too but they still don't feel exactly the same and are more expensive if you want them wireless.

Also not sure what controller you are talking about when it comes to $150. If you mean original GameCube controllers that are still new in the box then that's understandable, but still too high. You're best bet is to either go with the new Ultimate controllers or buy used controllers which could be around $20-50 depending on the color and some much higher.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I use a power A wireless and sometimes another third party wired. I'm not sure what the advantage of a GC controller is these days if it's true that the left stick is tighter.

Top Bottom