• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it true that super smash bros brawl is using a very advanced vers. of the kirby superstar engine?

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
I know Smash 64 has used the kirby superstar engine but what about melee and brawl?
I can swear sakurai said one of the future games also was using an implemented kirby superstar for the SNES engine, can anyone back this up?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
This...I've never heard anything of this before. Might be interesting to see if someone can prove it.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I don't know what engine it runs on but the menu is practically cut and pasted from Kirby's Air Ride for the Gamecube.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Smash 64 and melee's engines were created from the ground up
Brawl's was a changed version of melee's

The games have similar aesthetics to Kirby, but the engines are completely different
Same developer so I imagine similarities exist, but nothing was ported as far as I'm aware

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
No, what you are thinking of is how Subspace Emissary has a similar style to KSS in design.

All Smash games are based off an engine fro a scrapped game by Nintendo called Dragon Fighter(and I think Captain Falcon actually got his moveset from a planned character for that game.)

Nugger9000

Banned via Warnings
No because Melee is more advanced in every single way except in graphics

Top Bottom