• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to open doors in Subspace Emissary using a sideways WiiMote?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...y'all have to press up to enter a door. For the sideways-turned Wiimote pointing left, you'll have to press what would otherwise be to the right.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Uh...I wouldn't say so. See, as far as I can tell, those are the default controls for a standalone Wiimote in vanilla Brawl. Y'all have to point it to the left. Now, up becomes left, right is up, down is right, and left is down. Pretty confusing, eh wot?

Last edited:

TheKirbyFan

Smash Cadet
Uh...I wouldn't say so. See, as far as I can tell, those are the default controls for a standalone Wiimote in vanilla Brawl. Y'all have to point it to the left. Now, up becomes left, right is up, down is right, and left is down. Pretty confusing, eh wot?
I know that. But I can't use a sideways wiimote to open a door. It seems only controllers with joysticks work.

YoshiGator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4554-0402-0064
I was stuck on this as well, after buying a GC remote it worked. I guess the wiimote outside vanilla Brawl only gets read as jump but not an up input, you'll need a different controller with a stick.

Jackknife18846

Smash Rookie
You can attach a nunchuck, switch to Vbrawl and do that part then switch back, or get a classic controller

Top Bottom