• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to directly launch PM on Dolphin with a virtual SD card?

Kered13

Smash Rookie
On Dolphin I've always used a standalone ISO to play PM, but with 3.6 this has the disadvantage of not supporting alternate stages. So I want to try using a virtual SD card to run PM.

I really would like to just launch the game and go straight into PM, and not have to mess with going through the Brawl stage builder or Gecko OS, but all the instructions I found use one of those two methods. I found some old (2.5) instructions using gecko codes, but they didn't work when I tried them.

So is this possible? If so, how can I do it?

MexicanPygmy

Smash Cadet
Well the way I have it set up, you still need Gecko but it's only for a second till you get to use project m. Set up your SD card like normal the way you would and go the to config section and make sure Insert SD card is checked (It's in the Wii tab). Right click on Brawl and set it as your default ISO. Now you need to launch gecko but it needs to be somewhere on your computer, not on the sd card. Click on open and browse to the Gecko app and open it. That's the way I do it and it's not really that much to go through when you want to start up the game.

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
Hi! So... I'm not sure if anyone is gonna respond to this. But, I did the steps that Kered13 suggested to do. But, when I attempt to load the game up. It says "No SD codes found" and then it brings me to regular Brawl.
This is the thing I'm trying to load up.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpPIrai-oPW0KWE4M2KKUebB3_MYxsjFI
(Also, I know I can boot it up by clicking boot.elf. But, I have textures and codes I want to have load up when I play with. And even when I change them and then click boot. It boots up the the game without my textures and camera mods.)

Top Bottom