• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it Possible to Bomb Jump Effectively?

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
I have been testing this for a while hoping to allow more mix-ups either returning to the ledge or the stage itself. However it seems that bomb jumping isn't exactly effective. Anyone have input on that? I haven't really seen it used in any of the samus gameplay videos, the down b primarily used for dirty bomb set-ups.

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
Tonetta does some cute bomb ledge-play, and you can use them to guarantee a kill if you shield break someone. Aside from them, the primary use is just as a mix up a little in the neutral (although it doesn't work very well), or to displace your landing.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Can't it be used to reset a combo too? Similar to samus' soft f-tilt and jab?

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I bomb jump stall off stage a lot. I usually drop the first bomb and move toward stage, if they go for the punish I bomb jump back and catch the explosion of the first bomb, then head back toward stage. I try to bait commitment to gimps that won't work so I can return to stage safely.

S4MUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
LordOfTheOcean
I use bomb jumping offstage pretty often. I find it useful in that regard. I also retreat to ledge with bombs sometimes, which can bait punishes that whiff because of the smaller hurtbox.

Top Bottom