• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to adjust BRSTM volume?

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
Certain brstm files that I've put into P:M are either too quiet or too loud. Is there anyway that I can adjust the volume on these files so that they don't eclipse or are eclipsed by the fighting?

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I tried converting with Audacity, but that wouldn't read .brstm files, and when I did Import Raw, all I got was static.

So what other software can I use to convert .brstms to .wavs and back?

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I was able to convert a brstm file into a wav, but Brawlbox won't let me import it back in for some reason. How do I get past this? Is there software I need to download for this?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I mean you can always use Brawls custom menu options to raise music and lower sfx or raise sfx/lower music, if that doesn't bother you too much. Just seems that this would be a 100x easier alternative.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I mean you can always use Brawls custom menu options to raise music and lower sfx or raise sfx/lower music, if that doesn't bother you too much. Just seems that this would be a 100x easier alternative.
But that doesn't turn up the music, it just turns down the SFX.

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
Actually, there is a way to increase the relative volume of a .brstm, but only if you edit the .brsar. If you navigate to /snd/bgm and then open the tree that has the same name as the .brstm, if you highlight the file, you will notice it has a volume parameter (this is all in BrawlBox, btw). The volume value is an integer from 0-127, so play around with it.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
"Here's how I do it. Download GCTEdit from here.[1] Launch the program, choose "Open GCT" and find and select your "RSBE01.gct" file, which is located in the codes folder of your PM folder. In the Add Code window paste this in:041CA05C388007F 041CA05C3880007F. This sets all the music in the game to the loudest possible volume. The 7F can be replaced by any hexidecimal # from 00 (softest) to 7F (loudest). After you've pasted the code in the Add Code window click the Add Code button. Now click the Save GST button and replace the original RSBE01.gct file. That's it. If your music is still too soft, you'll need to remake the BRSTM itself. There are several tutorials out there.

*EDIT: Updated to replace decimal #s with hexidecimal #s.
*Edit 2: Fixed a type in the code to paste into the Add Code Window. If it didn't work before, try it now."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2h0pkq/help_with_custom_music_volume/

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Except the solution to the problem has existed for years and his bump contributed nothing of worth to a two-year old thread, much like your useless jeering.

If he went around bumping every old thread, he'd be infracted and banned, simple as that. Don't see why you're making a fuss about it.

Top Bottom