• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible for alts have separate voices, names, and announcer calls?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I was thinking that in Project M's next update, they should include alternate character costumes like Daisy and Rosalina for Peach, Dixie for Diddy, Funky for DK, Minda true form for Zelda, etc

But, I wanted to know if it was possible or impossible for them to do this. I really hope it's possible, cause here's one of my ideas.

I would LOVE if the Project M team did this for the most recent update? Is is possible?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Having separate voice clips play for a different costume slot is possible, however limited to fileszie.
If by name you mean what displays on the character's select portrait, then it's very much possible to simply build a CSP with the name plastered over it to create the illusion that it has it's own name.
Finally, the announcer call is tied to the individual slot of the character, not the costume. I do not believe it's currently possible to alter that in such a way.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
voices: yes

names: i guess you could just make the name files transparent and put your own on a CSP

you can't have separate announcer calls

Draco_The

Smash Lord
It's all possible except the announcer call like others have said, however the PMDT already said that they are not going to do something like this. Diddy won't get Dixie as an alt, Peach won't get Daisy/Rosalina as an alt, Pikachu won't get Raichu as an alt, etcetcetc

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It's technically possible to do alternative voices, but it's not very feasible because you have filesize limits, and you'd need places to put the extra voices, like how Galleom and Duon had their SFX clips replaced with Mewtwo and Roy.

Announcer calls are tied to individual characters, you just flat out can't give them more than one.

The other stuff is possible though.

Top Bottom