• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is It Only Me?

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
i dont know, i might have found something here, haha...but anyway i main link #1 Lucario is Number 2 but only just recently...now i started training pretty hard with lucario, and when i switched back so i wouldnt get rusty with link it seemed as though i was better? like being good with lucario, builds your game with link? now i have no idea why or if its just me, but hey im not complaining it increased my link game by not much, but i did notice it.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I can't see any resemblance. Lucario is a chaining type, while Link has very few reliable chains.

I suppose that playing with Lucario has improved you in some character control & timing areas that happen to be beneficial with Link. However, I think this pretty much applies to most cases of using multiple characters.

D

Deleted member

i lol'd

playing other characters will only make you better if you actually learn a new universal technique

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
I actually feel an improvement after getting good with a certain character then switching back to my main. I try to use most of the characters so I can get a really good understanding of the game's mechanics and everyone's strengths and weaknesses.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
there are certain psychological contexts in which we approach moves

we believe a move has a specific use at first

our first impressions, but grow to find they can be used in multiple ways.

sometimes playing a different character changes your focus on how you approach using different moves.

the moves don't have to be obviously similar. There are just some personal psychological contexts for each, that share qualities.

i believe playing any character would shift your perspective on link slightly, so that you will experiment with his moves differently.

sometimes i feel like there is a spectrum of uses for any given moves. some people approach from the left of the spectrum, and others approach from the right

hopefully you learn the whole spectrum, but we all have are starting tendencies.

the more characters you play as, the more you understand about the game in general.

for example:

by playing link you can punish enemies who roll through you by using your Up B. So you percieve this attack as a reverse gaurd, which is the best way in which i can figure to put it to words. It fits a niche, it's like a certain TYPE of move in itself, serving a specific purpose in your reportiore. (spelling?)

then you play fox

and you are conscious of those roll through moments like you were with link so you try to find another move that serves that purpose.

Link influenced the thinking behind experimenting with substituting a different fox move to approximate the use and purpose, originally discovered with link's Up B.

Every character you learn how to play will alter your playstyle when playing ANY character.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
changing characters make your main more fun and you forget your bad patterns = you play better

Now im a Smash Journeyman. YIHOOO!!!

Top Bottom