• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it me, or has sakurai been watching too much anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Haven't giant punches been around before anime?

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Yes, because the super patented move "the kick" was only every used in that anime.

And nevermind the fact that Wrecking Crew had a golden hammer.

Or the fact that Mario has a fireball power.

etc etc

Blackadder

Smash Master

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, but aren't japanese kids naturally able to do those moves?

Also, they can combine to form giant japanese kids....

So see, it's part of their idiosyncrasy.

Revven

FrankerZ
Don't think Sakurai watches anime otherwise, he'd be looked down upon as an otaku in Japan (a.k.a "geek"). I don't think people would have as much respect for him in Japan if they knew that. Otakus aren't really ... liked much in Japan, anime is more or less like what a cartoon is in America.

So... you should probably be referring to "Manga" because that's more what everyone likes in Japan and no one is referred to as an otaku for reading manga simply because everyone does (or most people do anyway). Most of those pictures from anime originated from manga anyway and you even had a picture of a manga too (One Piece). I believe, you should be saying manga.

But, ah, whatever. I doubt it anyway, just coincedences.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Wait, but aren't japanese kids naturally able to do those moves?

Also, they can combine to form giant japanese kids....

So see, it's part of their idiosyncrasy.
Kamehamehas have been here since the beginning of time

Don't think Sakurai watches anime otherwise, he'd be looked down upon as an otaku in Japan (a.k.a "geek"). I don't think people would have as much respect for him in Japan if they knew that. Otakus aren't really ... liked much in Japan, anime is more or less like what a cartoon is in America.

So... you should probably be referring to "Manga" because that's more what everyone likes in Japan and no one is referred to as an otaku for reading manga simply because everyone does (or most people do anyway). Most of those pictures from anime originated from manga anyway and you even had a picture of a manga too (One Piece). I believe, you should be saying manga.

But, ah, whatever. I doubt it anyway, just coincedences.
All adults like cartoons....deep DEEP inside

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
Ahahaha! I like how you picked out the similarities, but methinks its going a tad far... >.>

Funny though!

Zevox

Smash Lord
Are you bloody serious?

*slams head against keyboard*
*joins in*

@ tirkaro - Really, none of that is even close to unique to anime. Mario has shot fireballs since Super Mario Brothers 1 - a giant one is hardly reliant on DBZ for inspiration. The giant punch idea has existed as long as the concept of shape-shifting. And the last two are just ridiculous - hammers appear in many Nintendo games, including that specific design, and how you could think a kick is anime-based I'll never know.

Zevox

tirkaro

Smash Champion
otakus are just people who are ZOMFGZ, OBSESSESED with anime. you can still simply watch an anime in japan without being a geek. its like how you can watch star trek without being a trekkie.

Are you bloody serious?

*slams head against keyboard*
no, I'm not. but with the rest of the stupid threads popping up, I felt the need to make my own stupid thread for some reason. dont ask why.:ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He hasn't been watching too much anime...he just hasn't been watching the "right" kind of anime

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
this has got to be one of the worth threads created in awhile.

your logic is horrible.

Mario wears red. blood is also red.

SAKURAI'S A MURDERER LOCK HIS *** UP.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
this has got to be one of the worth threads created in awhile.

your logic is horrible.

Mario wears red. blood is also red.

SAKURAI'S A MURDERER LOCK HIS *** UP.

People should learn how to have fun.

Rather than taking everything seriously.

(itsanobviousjokecomeon..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom