• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or...

TylerSmashMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylerman14
3DS FC
1006-0192-2694
should the music of Kongo Jungle in SSB64 have been the DK Rap? It wouldn't have any copyright infringements, since Rare left Nintendo a year after Melee. I know Kongo Jungle was based on DKC and the rap was from DK64, but the song is that awesome, you must admit.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, I am glad it isn't. Not only I don't like the song, but a DKC stage should naturally have a DKC song playing on it.

TylerSmashMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylerman14
3DS FC
1006-0192-2694
Yeah, the song is kind of trivial, it's rather annoying after a while.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
The DK Rap is based off this song

It's a really good song.

TylerSmashMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylerman14
3DS FC
1006-0192-2694
Butt, eh? Also, I believe SSB and DK64 were released on the same day in the UK, I think... And that song is quite catchy.

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
People think it's funny now, but when it was released people thought it was an honest attempt to appear cool and everyone cringed together, like how this is now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuwXEmbwlFQ
But then later people look back and like it because they think it was intended as a joke because it's funny because it sucks
And that song is quite catchy.
so is AIDS man come on

caneut

Smash Ace
tyler you don FAKKED up . kongo music is the best music in ssb64. again, fak u

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
tyler you don FAKKED up . kongo music is the best music in ssb64. again, fak u
Your words are too harsh, drink some hot coffee and cool down. Now then, DK Rap was not inserted because of it's release. It's release is 24 November 1999, and Smash's release is 26 April 1999. It would make sense to keep the country music. I have no problem with either version, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Your words are too harsh, drink some hot coffee and cool down. Now then, DK Rap was not inserted because of it's release. It's release is 24 November 1999, and Smash's release is 26 April 1999. It would make sense to keep the country music. I have no problem with either version, but it is what it is.
Shouldnt he drink something cold to cool down?

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
I think yhe joke is that he is so hot that a warm beverage will cool him down. Personally I don't get it. I've met cane in real life and he is a 8/10 at best

Studstill

Smash Ace
I hope he gets burned alive, all over. Perhaps in the few seconds before his death he will repent and realize his ****headed ways.

Top Bottom