• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it just me or is the negative zone not that good

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
even though the negative zone gives a heck of a lot a status changes to yur opponents, it seems to be near impossible for them to stay in there

ex: i activate it right next to my opponent and they get stunned and poisoned...by the time im done with the dance, my opponent snaps out of it and rolls or up-bs out of the negative zone.

lots of people said that it was one of the best final smashes but im starting to question it.

any tips on how to keep them in the circle

thanks in advance

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
i was under the impression that you couldn't snap out of it

even then, its pretty much a free up b in my opinion

this one time my friend used it on my other friend

i told him to up b

he failed twice and still killed by the third fire punch

EDIT
the other guy was under the slomo effect too and kept on getting pushed back into the orb.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That Final Smash is more annoying than effective. Of course, it does give Luigi a chance to execute his Super Jump Punch correctly.

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
quotes from my friends..

"Argh another smash ball wasted"

"Dude luigi's final smash is so freaking gay"

" Its one of the worst final smashes"

but at least i annoy the hell out of them

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
I played with my friends and got at least one kill every single time I got the smash. Either you have terrible luck or just suck at timing.

Mama_Luigi

Smash Rookie
I don't really play with smashballs on, but when I do it's with 4 players (4 person brawl or teams).
Seems to work wonders for me though in that situation

Rabble2

Smash Rookie
i dont like it either, i think better ones include link's and zelda's
he takes so long to do his freakin dance though that its still funny to see him kill someone
"you had all that time and still got killed by a fire punch?"
"shut up man, i couldnt stop TAUNTING"

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
so i tried it again and looked at my bro's movements.

when u trip and yur not stunned you could roll away from the negative zone
the dance is too long..(**** you sakurai )that the opponent can snap out stun of it before your over

things you could pray for in the negative zone:
make him sleep.
hope the person is a n00b

however i wonder...if you throw someone outside the circle through the negative zone do they speed up from yur throw?

C 3

Smash Ace
even though the negative zone gives a heck of a lot a status changes to yur opponents, it seems to be near impossible for them to stay in there

ex: i activate it right next to my opponent and they get stunned and poisoned...by the time im done with the dance, my opponent snaps out of it and rolls or up-bs out of the negative zone.

lots of people said that it was one of the best final smashes but im starting to question it.

any tips on how to keep them in the circle

thanks in advance
Your opponent needs to be standing still for about a second or so for the negative zone to take it's full effect. It's a cool FS, but it's not very good. Opponents can easily roll out of it. When I use it (which isn't that often) I use it while my opponent's near an edge, that way if he tries to roll all the way across to the other end of the FS, there's a good chance he'll be stunned and I can have my way with him haha

That Final Smash is more annoying than effective. Of course, it does give Luigi a chance to execute his Super Jump Punch correctly.
Luigi has never really had a problem nailing the Up B, if u know how to prep. it properly. Try Nair - Up B, jab - Up B, jab x2 - Up B, Dtilt - Up B, stuff like that. Also, luigi's knockback is amplified, so basically any smash will kill in the negative zone.

lol my friends don't allow me to be luigi anymore cause of that. I always get the smash ball.
They need to practice more.

quotes from my friends..

"Argh another smash ball wasted"

"Dude luigi's final smash is so freaking gay"

" Its one of the worst final smashes"

but at least i annoy the hell out of them
...........ok

Dude its just you. you need to know what to do after luigi stops dancing.
Exactly.

I played with my friends and got at least one kill every single time I got the smash. Either you have terrible luck or just suck at timing.
I agree.

I don't really play with smashballs on, but when I do it's with 4 players (4 person brawl or teams).
Seems to work wonders for me though in that situation
Those are the best times to use it.

i dont like it either, i think better ones include link's and zelda's
he takes so long to do his freakin dance though that its still funny to see him kill someone
"you had all that time and still got killed by a fire punch?"
"shut up man, i couldnt stop TAUNTING"
If you set it up properly, his dance shouldn't matter. You opponent will be stunned long enough for u 2 kill them.

so i tried it again and looked at my bro's movements.

when u trip and yur not stunned you could roll away from the negative zone
the dance is too long..(**** you sakurai )that the opponent can snap out stun of it before your over

things you could pray for in the negative zone:
make him sleep.
hope the person is a n00b

however i wonder...if you throw someone outside the circle through the negative zone do they speed up from yur throw?
No, they fly fast in the negative zone because luigi's knockback is amplified.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Try to use the negative zone when your opponents are close together.

If you're good with Luigi, anyway, the timing should be second nature.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I noticed the Final Smash is much more helpful in team battle. There was one case where my teammate was able to KO both team members before I stopped dancing and KOed one of them again because he fell back into the zone when they came back.

But I haven't had many problems in the negative zone.... there was once where a person rolled out but he was damaged enough for me to KO him after I was done with the people inside the zone.

Top Bottom