• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me, or do peach players seem rare?

Dralun

Smash Rookie
For a character that is relatively high in the tier list, I feel like you really don't see many peach players. I have not been playing smash for too long, and only went to a handful of tournaments, but I in fact have yet to run into a single other peach player. Is she really that uncommon or am I just not around many players? If she is that uncommon, why do you guys feel like she is?

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
In Georgia there are three or four peach players, all decent. I don't know about elsewhere. I can say on streams I rarely see impressive peach play besides from MacD Armada DOH and Kalamazoo. I mean others like Vwins and Hankypanky and such, there's just not a ton of representation at high levels.

AaronTooNerdy

Grand Master Meta Wizard
I'm a Peach player.

But yeah, Peach players are indeed rare. Even Armada is playing Fox now.

Last edited:

Flux243

Smash Rookie
Peach players are pretty rare. True, she is high on the tier list, but tbh like 80% of characters you see these days are Fox, Falco, Sheik, or Marth. Peach may be rare, but characters lower on the tier list are even more rare.

AaronTooNerdy

Grand Master Meta Wizard
Peach players are pretty rare. True, she is high on the tier list, but tbh like 80% of characters you see these days are Fox, Falco, Sheik, or Marth. Peach may be rare, but characters lower on the tier list are even more rare.
Your statement is both correct and incorrect. Ganondorf, Luigi, Link/YLink, and G&W players are more common than Peach players in my opinion.

Flux243

Smash Rookie
Your statement is both correct and incorrect. Ganondorf, Luigi, Link/YLink, and G&W players are more common than Peach players in my opinion.
Yeah, I meant that more as a general trend than a literal statement. I definitely see more Peach players than the characters you listed, but I probably see more Falcons and Samuses than Peaches. According to the Smashboards usage statistics, the only lower-tiered character who is played more frequently overall is Falcon. It just depends on what region you're in and what tournaments you go to.

Last edited:

AaronTooNerdy

Grand Master Meta Wizard
Yeah, I meant that more as a general trend than a literal statement. I definitely see more Peach players than the characters you listed, but I probably see more Falcons and Samuses than Peaches. According to the Smashboards usage statistics, the only lower-tiered character who is played more frequently overall is Falcon. It just depends on what region you're in and what tournaments you go to.
>the only lower-tiered character who is played more frequently overall is Falcon

Except he isn't low tier? He's S-Tier

ReadBarren

Smash Rookie
Peach is fairly common at lower-mid levels, I'm from Chicago (aka Marth land) and we have our fair share of Peach players. I think the reason you don't see her too often on streams or whatever is because she gets super hard to place with at high levels.

Flux243

Smash Rookie
>the only lower-tiered character who is played more frequently overall is Falcon

Except he isn't low tier? He's S-Tier
I didn't say he was low tier, I said he was lower-tiered than Peach, which he is. Peach is 6th on the tier list, Falcon is 7th. Granted the current tier list is horribly out of date, but as of now Falcon is a lower-tiered character than Peach.

Top Bottom