• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or do bots use counter too much?

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
This has been getting kind of annoying, I have no online at the moment so all I can do is fight bots. Usually this would be fine, but with this game characters with counters use them constantly. It's especially annoying with Marth because his counter has been strengthened. And obviously because they are bots they can use them at just the right moment every time. For example, I was battling a Little Mac and the whole fight was him countering my every move.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's kind of hard to think of strategies to defend against counters if they are used so inhumanly well.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Bots cheat. Thats how they get harder.

Lv7 is usually the max they legitimately get harder, after that they start pulling some insane reflex crap to beat you. Thats why Fox and any hero with Counter is ungodly hard as a lv9 computer, they have the tools to punish you in that .0001 second window you had that no human player could intentionally pull off.
Likewise it makes them predictable lol. I was beating Lv9 computers within 10 minutes, yet i got a ~30% win rate on For Glory :p

Rylos

Smash Rookie
Yes they do have god like reflexes but keep playing enough Lv9 Cpu's and you'll get use to predicting them and then destroying them. (:

King Radical

Smash Rookie
Bots cheat. Thats how they get harder.

Lv7 is usually the max they legitimately get harder, after that they start pulling some insane reflex crap to beat you. Thats why Fox and any hero with Counter is ungodly hard as a lv9 computer, they have the tools to punish you in that .0001 second window you had that no human player could intentionally pull off.
Likewise it makes them predictable lol. I was beating Lv9 computers within 10 minutes, yet i got a ~30% win rate on For Glory :p
See its interesting because I still struggle with some level 9 CPUs (especially ones with counters as the OP mentioned) but I have an 80% win rate in For Glory. I guess countering human errors is just a different type of skill then countering AI predictability.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Exactly. Thats why once i unlocked the characters i stopped playing solo. Computers are a completely different game than players because they pull things off no player ever could and the way you beat them no player is dumb enough to fall for.
i went a looooong time with nobody to smash with so i played against computers. i got to the point where i could 3v1 them lv9 in brawl. first player i faced since then hasnt played since N64 and he kicked my butt first several games rofl.

Its that way in any game really. Humans, even stupid ones, dont fall for the tricks you use on computers. Theyre way way too obvious lol

g00dapollo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Barayas
3DS FC
0061-0892-6923
I was playing a :4shulk:bot. Counter's were thrown out like candy. It's no joke.

JasnJazz

Smash Rookie
NNID
JasNWally
3DS FC
1478-5055-7235
Yup I've found that the top level AI has insane defensive timing, and uses it constantly. I've found that playing defensively yourself is a good option against CPU.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Like jeez, I was playing against Little Mac at lv9 and seriously 95% of the time he was using counter.

You're not the only one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Facing counter-happy CPUs? Grab them. It seems that King Dedede's dash grab is still manageable to use, so there's him. Likewise, Bowser's Flying Slam is an option too.

Top Bottom