• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it hard to use Ikes spike?

aquteen

Smash Ace
his d-tilt spike is hard to do agianst anybody good but I have had no prolbems spiking with his dair. As long as you pratice some you should have no trouble hitting with the first part of the animation.

Narshen

Smash Rookie
It's not really difficult to get the timing down if you just practice alot, but the problem is, well, successfully spiking people with it. :/ Don't even think about trying it against another Ike...they'll just Aether-cide you.

The D-Tilt one is almost completely useless IMO.

metroid1117

Smash Master
It's not really difficult to get the timing down if you just practice alot, but the problem is, well, successfully spiking people with it. :/ Don't even think about trying it against another Ike...they'll just Aether-cide you.

The D-Tilt one is almost completely useless IMO.
I agree with both statements; the first actually happened to me and my friend when he spiked me XD.

But yeah, DTilt spiking is near useless because 1) it's too slow and 2) people can auto-sweetspot now, so it's hard to hit with anyway.

Anyways, the DAir spike is applicable if you can predict your opponent's position. Jumping out with a BAir or FAir is probably better though, simply because of the bigger hitbox.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
DTilt is a fun surprise spike, but the opportunity is rarely there as it is easily avoidable and predictable. I like to jump down and do an aether, or if they are recovering well above me, I just use aether near the edge, take them down and catch the ledge.

Xihyon

Smash Cadet
His D-Tilt was amazingly strong, but the timing is in fact when he first takes out his sword, and it feels you have to hit them in a certin are with it as well.

Everyone's right though, practice will make it a devastating move option to have in your mastered arsenal.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree, dtilt comes out way too slow for its range so typically you're better off with utilt as this activates a lot quicker and has close to the same effect.

Top Bottom