• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it bad to not play Fox or Falco?

Lus146

Smash Cadet
I kinda just got into melee after playing smash 4 and then I quit and didn't play smash again for like a year. But now I am playing melee. So far I am a Sheik main and I also really like Jiggs. I kinda feel intimidated by Falco and Fox because I feel like I need to play a whole different level than when I play Sheik

al()

Smash Rookie
every character can teach you the fundamentals of the game so no, i don't think it's a big deal.

if you want to learn fox and falco because you like them then do so. otherwise there's no real need for you to worry about that right now.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Not at all. The first 7 or so characters that aren't Fox and Falco are very viable. You just need to learn what to do against them at any given moment. Melee is a much faster and more finger happy than Sm4sh. Just practice with Sheik and Jiggs.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's all about dealing with spacies' bull**** properly and punishing hard. Marth Sheik and jiggs have what it takes to beat top level spacies.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
It's all about dealing with spacies' bull**** properly and punishing hard. Marth Sheik and jiggs have what it takes to beat top level spacies.
Lol I like the way you worded this

iRayne

Smash Rookie
If people were capable of playing in a 100% optimal, perfect manner, then it would matter. Since that isn't the case, though, I wouldn't worry about it. Just play as whoever you like, and pray that 20XX never arrives. =P

Last edited:

tac0_

Smash Rookie
yes, only play fox tho, falco is trash 20XX is here to stay

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
No, play whoever you want to, it's not essential you're proficient with a spacie.

Last edited:

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
The top 10 characters on the tier list are viable for winning local tournaments imo.

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Both spacies get punished hARD by your mains, I would practice punishes while also looking out for exploitable weaknesses that your characters have, getting waveshined as sheik, upthrow>upair as puff

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Try out all characters and understand what each of them bring to the table. From there consider if you can apply it to your main.
With the Fox/Falco question though. If it's NTSC either is good if you're in a PAL region Fox more likely.
PALco sucks

Top Bottom