• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Instant Bair/Uair -> DoubleJump useful?

DruP

Smash Rookie
I've gotten down the timing for instant bair/uair into double jump.

Simply put, I'm wondering if this is useful or if I should just be SHFFLing these.

Is this situational? If it is, should I be using this to waveland off a platform, put out another aerial etc.
Does this fit into a certain playstyle or is this something all falcons should learn?

taylosun

Smash Cadet
That could allow for some sweet movement tricks with perfect wavelands. I'm wondering if it's more beneficial to not fast fall an instant up air so you get regular landing lag instead of the 7 frame l cancel lag. (It's not. Regular landing lag is 4 frames. Fast falling probably saves more than 3 frames.)

Everything is situational at best in Melee IMO. Seeing someone do wavelands with Falcon like BizzaroFlame does with Ganon would be amazing though.

Last edited:

DruP

Smash Rookie
That could allow for some sweet movement tricks with perfect wavelands. I'm wondering if it's more beneficial to not fast fall an instant up air so you get regular landing lag instead of the 7 frame l cancel lag. (It's not. Regular landing lag is 4 frames. Fast falling probably saves more than 3 frames.)

Everything is situational at best in Melee IMO. Seeing someone do wavelands with Falcon like BizzaroFlame does with Ganon would be amazing though.
I was playing falcon dittos with my friend yesterday and managed to get hit the instant bair->waveland->falloff bair and he didn't understand why I got so hyped.
I guess it's just nice to have another option.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes like to do bair-> insta dj->waveland onto platform above me, but only when i hit shield as a bait, you can then be ready to fall through knee if they grab, or just fall through with another space bair

Rhyme_

Smash Rookie
You can't can't actually get a wave land after the instant up air or bair( though you can in pm) unless you do it on the tilted part of yoshi's or something. I got a downthrow instant up air double jump nair on a peach the other day. The nair is the perfect height to land on yoshi's and stadium platforms and continue the combo.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
It's another tool you have

I can't say you'll suddenly be 10x more amazing by having it, but having more options is always good IMO, so long as you're aware of when/how to use them.

Top Bottom