• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Homerun Contest dead ?

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I've been a lover of HRC since Melee and loved both Melee and Brawl ones, I especially apreciate the Bat Drop technique.
I've tried to do some search about the world records on smash 4 and ... nothing ?
Nobody do anything on HRC in this Smash, I'm surprised, all we got is some noobs doing all the same easy strat over and over on youtube with Ganondorf just to get the price of the challenge
Bat drop is no longer an effective technique in Smash 4 but it's fine, I will adapt and invent new strats.
But nobody seems to play Homerun seriously in the world, or at least nobody post their records
WTF ? I could almost do a world record because I can't find any good or not random strat of any character beside Ganondorf on internet

What do you think ? Is there some HRC fan here who feel the same ?

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I have played HRC too extensively in this or past games, but don't you think it's a bit too early? It's pretty easy to get a decent score, but to go for the world record requires some time to figure out/learn the specific techniques.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's very fun with multiplayer, especially when one of my friends pummeled the Sandbag so much, but forgot to hit the Sandbag last-minute.
Gives me a good crack-up once in a while.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
It's not even about techniques, but there is almost nothing, not even some original strats (without advanced techs)
The week brawl was released we had some interesing stuff at least

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
It's very fun with multiplayer, especially when one of my friends pummeled the Sandbag so much, but forgot to hit the Sandbag last-minute.
Gives me a good crack-up once in a while.
Wish I had friends who actually want to play some matches with items or HRC for the laughs and giggles... But never really got hardcore with HRC. Probably never will either.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Sakurai posted records of stuff on the smashbros website when Brawl was released. I'm sure there are people who've put up huge numbers, Sakurai's team has probably yet to compile them for public viewing.

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
wow, that video is insanely amazing. I imagine he's using a 'new' 3DS with the C stick and probably heavily modified the controls to allow for easy jump and item grab/release combos. Should be possible with the GC controller on Wii U using the same strategies.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
If we could use custom equipment and specials, I would totally do it rofl. I would use link and his power bow along with unharmed equipment so each fully charged bow deals 70% damage

Top Bottom