• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is holding down L and R to shield going to be a minor issue or major one?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
probably minor most people press it without noticing anyhow
I think it's quite the opposite, honestly-- I think basically everyone didn't realize how often they DIDN'T press the button down all the way but still got a shield. It'll definitely take some readjustment, that's for sure.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Why does everyone on this board make seperate threads to 'reply' to someone elses thread?
One topic per thread, please. Stop posting new topics just to make your voice pop out to everyone else. Geeze.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
A few months ago the left bumper on my control somehow broke in such a why that I couldn't light shield anymore with it. I couldn't start to explain how much it affected my game play. I had to immediately stop playing and have my friend fix it for me.

Once I get brawl I’ll have to change the button layout and make Y or X to shield

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I hate the clacking noise of the gamecube triggers anyhow.
Clack Clack Clack!
I'll probably make Z=shield and x/y (the one on the right) to grab.
Then again, maybe doing a whole revamp will be interesting. Maybe B = jump, so c-sticking aerials is easier (sometimes I change direction when aireally attacking, like down smash causing me to quickfall for example). Then again, I'm totally not used to using the Cstick for anything.
Maybe Z = Jump and the top grey button = shield. It has quick access for shielding.

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
I noticed while playing melee earlier, I press the L and R triggers all the way down when shielding and air dodging so I have no problem shielding in Brawl. :laugh: I never really light shielded much anyway.

_Nero_

Smash Rookie
I noticed while playing melee earlier, I press the L and R triggers all the way down when shielding and air dodging so I have no problem shielding in Brawl. :laugh: I never really light shielded much anyway.
Yeah I've spent about 8-10 hours playing brawl and i didn't even notice it until about 5 hours in... it won't be an issue at all for me.

Popuri

Smash Apprentice
I say 2-3 days and youl be use to it.

I too am use to using light shields but hey its not much of a change.

now I just need a copy of brawl to prove my theory u_u

True Fool

Smash Ace
I'm going to miss light-shielding. But I was always aware when I was light-shielding or holding the trigger all the way down, so I don't think it'll be a big deal.

Top Bottom