• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is handicap mode fine for training against cpu?

Perfect Garret

Smash Rookie
I like to do mostly 1v1 fights, so I can practice tech stuff. I use ganondorf, I know people say don't fight lvl 9's but, I feel it helps keeps me warmed up, and have more accurate attacks, better spacing, better reflexes, better power shielding, better tech, it really shows against my friends when I can 3 stock them.

Last edited:

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Practicing against cpus is fine for some things if it's the best you have. Playing against cpus is typically not advised for newer players because they will often get used to looking for and exploiting things bots do but humans won't. It's fine to practice some of the stuff you've said but you should look into getting uncle punch training mod if you are able to.

Perfect Garret

Smash Rookie
Practicing against cpus is fine for some things if it's the best you have. Playing against cpus is typically not advised for newer players because they will often get used to looking for and exploiting things bots do but humans won't. It's fine to practice some of the stuff you've said but you should look into getting uncle punch training mod if you are able to.
As long as I don't exploit the ai, the cpu puts up a fight, oh ok, I only have it on console but, I'm going to get project m on my Wii sometime next month. Thanks.

Top Bottom