• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ganon bad as of v1.04?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
In my opinion it seems like Ganondorf is OP.

He moves from A to B slowly but his attacks are fast and very powerfull. Does he have a disadvantage at all? And it seems that he doesn't have cooldown. Okay his tilt up and neutral B are useless in competetive play, but like I said he can attack very fast. And his slowly move can be balanced by strikes against the attack of the opponent. The opponent has very much cooldown.

The only weakpoint is maybe his recovery.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
And that he's slow as hell, big as hell, can't break out of combos at all, and can't approach worth a damn anywhere but battlefield without customs.
Ganondorf has decent approach options against most of the cast because the threat of his blitzes is really massive and can't be walled easily by most characters. He mostly struggles approaching certain top tiers, but who doesn't?

Also his Nair is a good move for breaking juggles. So is aerial wizkick. Ganon is already a pretty decent character without customs. Customs do make him better, but mostly by helping his recovery.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Ganondorf has decent approach options against most of the cast because the threat of his blitzes is really massive and can't be walled easily by most characters
Honestly if ganon can't be walled easily then I don't know who can.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly if ganon can't be walled easily then I don't know who can.
There are extremely few matchups where explicit walling is dominant in this game. For that matter, Ganon honestly doesn't have it that bad when he forces people to play defensively with his DA.

Last edited:

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
Mastering Powershielding effectively gives Ganon an approach, since he can shrug off the opponent's spacing tools and punish accordingly. Nothing in this game is more satisfying than when an opponent is chucking all their projectiles to get you to stay away, and you march toward 'em, Powershielding all their projectiles as you get closer and closer. I swear I can hear someone cueing up the Terminator theme every time that happens. Hell, I probably should run at them most of the time, but I'll just march at a brisk pace just for that effect. Puts the fear into 'em.

Top Bottom