• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is fast-falling glide a "new tech"?

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Hello together,

after some plays our group has something really interesting: You can use the fast falling to start gliding a bit lower than the other player will except. After the first jump just press quickly down in the moment when you're starting to glide. You'll fast-fall for around a 1/2 second in the glide-animation but you're still gliding.

Well, my question is if this is known? Or even a new tech we found? When not I'll encourage some people to make a video for the proof. We just tested it with Pit.

thx for reading. :)

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of this and tried it with alot of inconsistency, is there a better explaination of a way to do this tech?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You initiate the fast fall just as your glide is starting. There's a thread about it back here and it's been called GlideShifting. The original thread has a video of it, and it's demonstrated in my UndrWorld video on YouTube which is linked to in the UndrWorld thread.

S.Namu

Smash Rookie
Ok now i'm becoming slightly annoyed that my fave character is the most popular competive wise. I just hope i don't like how he plays.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
I had done it with Charizard. I thought I just messed up with my first jump or something...

Top Bottom