• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Falco unable to Gatling Combo in 3.5?

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
I too am curious. I just came across gatling combos while digging through PM tech guides and I haven't been able to pull it off with falco. I need to know if it is possible.

Kazuyahimegami

Smash Rookie
Bump. I'd also like to know if he still has the gatling combo. I could have sworn I did it once in 3.5 but I may be mistaken lol

Magellan

Smash Cadet
Falco can no longer Gatling Combo in 3.5.

(I had placed the link for Falco in the SmashWiki here; but I cannot post links until I have posted ten times. Google search "Falco Project M" and go to the SmashWiki. My apologies for the lack of a link.)

Scroll down to Revisions for 3.5. The frame window for his DACUS has been shortened to 2 frames.

ProdigyX5

Smash Cadet
I'm a newb

I've probably done the Combo before but I don't know what you guys are actually referencing

Dthrow > Shine > Nair/Uair still works though

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
@ ProdigyX5 ProdigyX5
The Gatling Combo means you cancel the hit of your dash attack into an up-smash.

@ Broasty Broasty
Only Mr. Game&Watch and Sonic can gatling combo in 3.5. In 3.0 Falco, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Mr. Game&Watch and Wario could do it.
Read this post for more detail and explanation:

8adge said:
Rectification: It looks like DACUS-window is now frames 2&3 of DA instead of frames 3&4 like it was before (for 5-frame jumpers.) That explains pretty much everything.
(It also looks like you can't do the UpSmash on frame 2 with the C-Stick and like debug-mode doesn't recognize different attack inputs on consecutive frames as different, so you can't really test it without other means of frame advance.)

Top Bottom