• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is everyone supposed to spam their projectiles like crazy?

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
All this guy does at lv9 is spam his projectile and smash attacks you. His heavy weight won't let me score any hits on him on the air either. Is spamming his laser really what's encouraged now?

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Punishing a spamming wolf is kinda easy. I mean as long as you dodge the initial laser, then you have no reason annoyed. And regarding his weight, almost all of the cast can combo his arse pretty well. I think your making him out to be worse then he actually is.

Rat

Smash Lord
Yes.

How about make up your own mind on how to play the character?

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
His AI at lv9 shoots them at different heights so it's hard for me to not get hit by Wolf himself if he's able to land at least one projectile at me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
His AI at lv9 shoots them at different heights so it's hard for me to not get hit by Wolf himself if he's able to land at least one projectile at me.
Then don`t let him land one, problem solved!

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
While the CPU's AI can be abused to force them to stop firing lasers, and that's a little bit like 'cheating', a real person eventually will give up shooting lasers as well if you just avoid them all and it doesn't earn them any setups. Unless they're Fox, but many Fox players get impatient as well and will approach.

big sleep

չչչ
one thing makes wolf's projectile extra spammable (that i hope we all know about by now) is that you can cancel it with airdodge. is the CPU doing that? it makes it way harder to deal with, otherwise you shouldn't be getting hit by the spam.

the ability to waveland out of a decent sized slow moving projectile is retardedly good...

move back as it shoots forward to keep them from doing a grounded dash pursuit
work it into your platform game and you can throw out multiple blasts quickly (FH blaster waveland to immediate drop zone off platform blaster to waveland, you see where i'm going with this)
move forward with to make your approach way scarier and even extend combos (i've definitely FH blaster to waveland forward and shined someone into it and extended the combo from there)

the slow movement of the blast in addition to its size already makes it kind of decent, but to move out of it the way he does is what's super good. he's already a decently fast character with decent approaches and good punishing tools, adding the waveland to blaster makes him unnecessarily good.

Last edited:

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's blaster is great, IMO. It covers approaches pretty well. First thing I thought of when I saw it was a LP Sonic Boom from SF, and it can be used in similar ways. I think the only thing that could have made it better is if it was cancellable(like fox and falco) and if it didn't fizzle out after a certain distance. All in all, though, I like it. Spamming it has its advantages, but like Bakasama said, I don't think you'll have to worry about it too much if you just avoid them. A human is going to approach eventually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom