• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Diddy that OP when he fights Robin?

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Because most of the time Robin can't seem to get in or pressure well enough to get him to be hit. The only chance Robin has anyway is his UAir and even then it's hard to get Diddy off the ground. He can't even recover well enough against Diddy to make it matter, since all Diddy will do is Grab Combo him all day or Monkey Flip him offstage and footstool, even if he uses his tilts when Robin's on stage.. I'm sick and tired of Diddy and the fact that Banana Grabs are the most OP thing I find about him. Someone needs to help me understand this MU because it is annoying as **** for Robin to deal with.

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a pro Diddy by any means, but here are some things I find annoying about Robin:

1) Elfire beats peanuts and bananas.
2) Elfire beats monkey flip.
3) Thoron mindgames.
4) Elwind (?) makes it annoying to land an uair sometimes.
4) Levant Sword smashes and aerials. (Seriously - Fsmash has a hitbox BEHIND HER?)
5) Robin outranges me.

Maybe some of the more competitive Diddy's can chime in - but I struggle against Robin when she outspaces me and doesn't allow me to have a banana, or makes me work to have a banana. If I have to run away to pull a banana out, that means she can charge Thoron - which I hate.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
There's little reason Robin should be able to make space, their CQC isn't very good and every projectile is predictable and easily dodged. Play aggressive and stay in their face, bananas aren't super important in this matchup.

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
Are you on crack? I play alot of diddy and Robin ***** him.

Top Bottom